The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tesla Grenade Rework Idea

SpiderWaifu

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with how it is right now, but I'm just posting this because a little idea popped in to my head.

It can still work the same way, toss it down, and it damages enemies in its range. What I propose is, make this weapon able to be 'augmented' in some fashion. Either by sticking elemental damage mods in to the mod, or when ele-damage abilities are used near by it.

To start off, it would be neutral damage. It'd probably fire some sort of spike from the ball, and have a bit of armor piercing effect. Stick a lightning mod in to it, and it does what it currently does. Then so on and so forth with Fire and Frost's effects. The level of the ele-damage mod itself shouldn't effect it's damage, only the abilities level should effect how strong it is.

Only problem I foresee with this, is how rare some elemental mods are, and you probably won't want to stick them in an ability.

We need to go one level deeper.

We need a mod within a mod within a mod.

Modception

I want to augment my Teslas fire damage mod, with frost damage. And then, augment my Rhinos charge, so that it drops Teslas in your path when you charge.

Silliness aside, I would appreciate actual feedback on this idea.

I want to augment my Teslas fire damage mod, with frost damage. And then, augment my Rhinos charge, so that it drops Teslas in your path when you charge.

Silliness aside, I would appreciate actual feedback on this idea.

Alright.

It's not likely to happen.

Unless you intend for this to extend to other frames' skills as well.

Otherwise, it is not likely that DE will do this because there will be an anticipation of unhappy users of other frames and adding a "mod within mod" system with its accompanying mods will be too much work for just one frame which not many will be using in the recent period due to it being Plat and/or RNG dependent.

In later periods when more people have it and if it's users are many and more vocal, there might be a better chance it will be implemented.

That said, I cannot predict what goes on in DE's minds so it's hard to say. Maybe they might do it because the users in the recent period are Plat buyers.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO