Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Concept: Daisho Nikana & Stance

McWolfe

We've all seen them, attached to the Conclave Master's hip: A set of Daisho Nikana, snug in their Ymir-Form sheath. Historically speaking, most Samurai carried Daisho, and some of them even mastered the art of using both in combat.

I'd like to see the availability of Daisho to regular Tenno. Perhaps as a Conclave reward (say, upon reaching max Conclave rank, you can get the set for 100,000 Standing)

Or, introduce a singular new shoto nikana (shoto being the shorter, wakizashi styled nikana) as a Conclave reward, and have the Daisho be a ClanTech research build.

As for the stance, further research can be conducted, but if my memory serves correctly there was a sword style referred to as "Dual Butterfly" used with daisho. The same, or similar naming, can be used for the Daisho stance mod.

As for some quick, general stats on the shoto nikana, here we go.

Shoto Nikana:

Slash: 19.2

Puncture: 2.5

Impact:: 1.3

Channeling cost: 3

Channeling Dmg: 1.2x

Attack Speed: 1.0

Crit Chance: 5.0%

Crit Multiplier: 1.5x

Stamina: 5

Dragon Shoto:

Slash: 36.2

Puncture: 4.5

Impact: 2.3

Channeling Cost: 5

Channeling Dmg: 1.3x

Attack speed: 1.1

Crit chance: 8.0%

Crit Multiplier: 1.8x

Stamina: 6

Any additional suggestions or constructive comments greatly appreciated.

Stats are based of the two Nikana we currently have, rounded down by half. Considering that each shoto is much shorter, stands to reason that each blade would only do half the damage value. Mind you, I only listed damage for the shoto, not the full daisho. Add the listed damage values for the shoto nikana to the Nikana, and the Dragon shoto to the Dragon Nikana, and you'd get the damage value for each daisho set.

So, for example:

Daisho: Daito Nikana & shoto Nikana

Slash:57.45

Puncture: 7.0

Impact: 3.5

Channeling cost: 10

Channeling Dmg: 2.5x

Attack Speed: 1.5

Crit Chance: 10.0%

Crit Multiplier: 1.5x

Stamina: 10

Dragon Daisho

Slash: 108.5

Puncture: 13.0

Impact: 6.55

Channeling Cost: 12

Channeling Dmg: 2.75x

Attack speed: 1.7

Crit chance: 15.0%

Crit Multiplier: 3.0x

Stamina: 12

Remember, these are just loose ideas, and open to additional consideration. I was simply listing the shoto as a single weapon, in a effort to add some additional content, as with the current weapons, Frames, etc, there is no way to achieve complete Mastery level. Adding the two shoto separately gives us 6000 mastery points, with an addition 6000 from both Daisho, for 12,000 Mastery points.

I see the logic of giving lower stats however it should stand to reason to make it a crit or status weapon to compensate the damage.

Because the Shoto as you have it has no viability over the other Nikanas except for a style factor.

Daisho on the other hand could have lower attack speed because adding a Fury to it would make the speed 2.21 which is crazy fast. Not to mention what the speed would be  with berserker 

Would you want to give it an innate syndicate AOE effect or because PVP doesn't really count as a 'syndicate' its not a good idea. As well if its going to be offered by the Teshin will DE unfortunately put restrictions on it for PVE?

Edited by ECHOALPHASUD

I hadn't taken into consideration any AoE effects, and honestly, unless they're going to change it so all Nikana have AoE procs, I seriously doubt that will ever be a thing. As for DE putting restrictions on the shoto for PvE? Why would they? That makes no sense to me. The shoto should be treated like other Syndicate weaponry, IMO. Sure, adjust the damage values to make them balanced for PvP, same with the Daisho, but beyond that, why touch them?