The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Sprint/wall Run Bug?

BizarroStormy

Not sure if it's just me, but since the recent 7.11 update, almost every time I run into a wall while sprinting (only holding shift), I'll automatically wall run and will keep going until my stamina runs out or I jump. This is without pressing any buttons other than Shift for sprint (of course, other than direction buttons), and letting go of shift will not end it either.

This is has been happening on every frame I have, every area, and and different PCs. And like I said, I'm not sure if this is just me or if it's an actual bug, but it gets annoying at times.

Also, all my key bindings but toggle for crouch are default.

I am also experiencing this. Probably something with the jump button being stuck. I was standing still and only pressed the melee button (without holding), and my character did a jump attack.

This happens to me a LOT. But it's all centered around sprinting. First of all, the sprinting function is messed up to begin with. ou dont sprint or walk simply based on the key being pressed or not. In other words, doing something other than simply moving seems to not acknowledge the sprint key either being pressed or released. If you do somethings while sprinting its like the series of actions you started may not allow any change to your previous movements in regards to sprinting or just running.

I press the sprint key right after I'm done with an attack so that I can speed forward and start another attack but my character doesn't sprint. I have to let it go and repress it again for the game to recognize it. Same goes for some wall climbs/runs - once out of normal movement any press or release is unrecognizable.

Just the same way I have to press and hold it again after an attack when I tried to sprint, you have to press and release it again when you can't stop sprinting. That will end the sprint. The only thing I can figure out is that the game doesn't know your character is sprinting (or NOT sprinting when its supposed to be) but when you activate it again in normal movement it the keystroke. From that point it acts normally so when you release sprint you stop sprinting. This is more annoying for me when it WON'T sprint even tho I'm holding sprint. With slower characters it takes a bit to realize it when I'm not looking at my character. A few seconds and then I've fallen behind a lot especially with Rino.

I can confirm this is a new bug since the 7.11 patch.  I will randomly go into a wall climb while only holding the sprint button.  This NEVER happened before so I am sure its related to patching.  And yes it is quite annoying.

I am getting this bug as well.

This happens to me a LOT. But it's all centered around sprinting. First of all, the sprinting function is messed up to begin with. ou dont sprint or walk simply based on the key being pressed or not. In other words, doing something other than simply moving seems to not acknowledge the sprint key either being pressed or released. If you do somethings while sprinting its like the series of actions you started may not allow any change to your previous movements in regards to sprinting or just running.

I press the sprint key right after I'm done with an attack so that I can speed forward and start another attack but my character doesn't sprint. I have to let it go and repress it again for the game to recognize it. Same goes for some wall climbs/runs - once out of normal movement any press or release is unrecognizable.

Just the same way I have to press and hold it again after an attack when I tried to sprint, you have to press and release it again when you can't stop sprinting. That will end the sprint. The only thing I can figure out is that the game doesn't know your character is sprinting (or NOT sprinting when its supposed to be) but when you activate it again in normal movement it the keystroke. From that point it acts normally so when you release sprint you stop sprinting. This is more annoying for me when it WON'T sprint even tho I'm holding sprint. With slower characters it takes a bit to realize it when I'm not looking at my character. A few seconds and then I've fallen behind a lot especially with Rino.

I do think they need to make the game recognize sprinting not just from the initial keystroke, but also from the key state so that you always begin to sprint again when shift is held down even if you have some interrupting action such as a jump, roll, or attack.