Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

But What The Heck Has Happened To The Market?

Marco98Pro

The community asked for a credits, and materials sink. When they get their credits, and material sink they are outraged. What's going on here?

And material sinks is fine, it just so happens that most, if not all the new recipes require enormous amounts of Alloy Plates which at the present time are one of the most painful resources to farm.

The community asked for a credits, and materials sink. When they get their credits, and material sink they are outraged. What's going on here?

These are the weapons that a new player used to be able to get on start. This adds a grindwall before you even get to play with anything but a braton.

i wanted to buy Furax, Bronco and Latron, but i was waiting to get money to buy more slots, now on top of buying more slots i have to grind those goddamned alloy plates if they move down the rarity of alloy plates to common i guess i could bear with it even if the quantity per pack stays the same being able to get them more commonly could ease this, but as it is, its outrageous the aumont of alloy plate the recipes need

People defending this don't realize that the alloy plate requirements are going to f*ck new players in the &#! because they can't grind it like us on Kappa/Kiste/etc. Making formerly cheapo market guns require alloy plates in high numbers (relative to new players) = no good. They'll feel like content is restricted. They won't get easy variety of weapons.

And that's terrible. Stop looking at things from the perspective of high rank people who don't have material issues. This market change will make a lot of new players give up.

And material sinks is fine, it just so happens that most, if not all the new recipes require enormous amounts of Alloy Plates which at the present time are one of the most painful resources to farm.

One of the most painful resources to farm? Alloy plates are the most painful material to farm.

I already have all those weapons, but was it really necessary to make almost every gun obtainable with plat/BP?

And that's terrible. Stop looking at things from the perspective of high rank people who don't have material issues. This market change will make a lot of new players give up.

even for high ranked players farming alloy plate keeps being a pain

Ocelot, if they want to reach out to more people, why are they reducing the variety a new player is given? They're basically forced to buy a braton as their first weapon instead of making a choice between a shotgun (strun), assault rifle (braton), and longer ranged burstfire rifle (burston).

The first weapon I picked up was a Paris, so no, nobody is being forced into bad situations. The variety is still available to them all.

What does it balance?

It balances people rushing through weapons / ignoring them and prompts them to more carefully consider their actions as well as actually *spend time* with the various weapons to get to know them well and actually rank out the mastery before tossing them away.

People defending this don't realize that the alloy plate requirements are going to f*ck new players in the &#! because they can't grind it like us on Kappa/Kiste/etc. Making formerly cheapo market guns require alloy plates in high numbers (relative to new players) = no good. They'll feel like content is restricted. They won't get easy variety of weapons.

This exactly.  The majority of people's opinions seem to be based around what they can personally do, but they forget that starting out ESPECIALLY if you don't have people to play with can be a pain.  So far the only thing that has gotten me by has been being able to spend credits to buy different weapons so I can find my most entertaining playstyle, but not anymore apparently.  It won't cause new people to want to craft, it will cause them to see the grind required to get to the point where they can even acquire the mats, look at the platinum prices, and just quit.

Oh ffs people...what is the big gripe now?  Oh, are people upset that they have to work hard like some of us to get enough resources for weapons adn then use credits to buy the blueprints?  I have over 4000K credits and still don't use them that much.  I mean, lets be real here.   If you want to buy the weapons, then you must get platinums, period.  If you don't want to buy plats. then do it the long way, which is buy the blueprints and then get the resources.   From there, just build it.  Shesh, and remember, you can only have like  8 weapons, max.   For new players, that's just their problem.  Whenever I joined a new game that had things like requirements and stuff, I didn't go and complain that it wasn't fair and that it should be lowered to where its piss poor to buy, I worked my *** off to get the resources needed and then got what I wanted.

I swear, I feel like people here want things to be spoon fed to them and its annoying seeing people complain about these things.  Learn to work hard at getting what is needed, in order to get the rewards.  Do missions, do alerts, its not that hard getting credits lol.

The same thing that happened to most F2P games in the past two years. There comes a time where the income reaches a satisfying point and leaves the developers hungry for more. The new market prices were made as atrocious as possible to encourage people to buy said items for Platinum instead. I really like DE, but this is something EA would do.

I don't want to see this game go the same way as Tribes Ascend. I really don't.

what's been happening in T:A anyways? I loved that game until they started deciding being fast was bad and added all kinds of drag and soft speed limits so paths were barely any faster than mediums

It balances people rushing through weapons / ignoring them and prompts them to more carefully consider their actions as well as actually *spend time* with the various weapons to get to know them well and actually rank out the mastery before tossing them away.

Was that ever a real problem? If people don't want to use a gun then it's probably a bad gun like the Burston or Snipetron.

Why do the recipes have to require so much alloy? I've put over 200 h into this game and alloy is the only material I never had enough of.

My point is that there are already quite a lot of BPs that need alloy. Players get all the other materials in ridiculous quantities that they are unlikely to ever spend.

When people wanted a material sink they were referring to everything but alloy plates.

Oh ffs people...what is the big gripe now?  Oh, are people upset that they have to work hard like some of us to get enough resources for weapons adn then use credits to buy the blueprints?  I have over 4000K credits and still don't use them that much.  I mean, lets be real here.   If you want to buy the weapons, then you must get platinums, period.  If you don't want to buy plats. then do it the long way, which is buy the blueprints and then get the resources.   From there, just build it.  Shesh, and remember, you can only have like  8 weapons, max.   For new players, that's just their problem.  Whenever I joined a new game that had things like requirements and stuff, I didn't go and complain that it wasn't fair and that it should be lowered to where its &!$$ poor to buy, I worked my *** off to get the resources needed and then got what I wanted.

I swear, I feel like people here want things to be spoon fed to them and its annoying seeing people complain about these things.  Learn to work hard at getting what is needed, in order to get the rewards.  Do missions, do alerts, its not that hard getting credits lol.

You're not looking at it from a new players perspective, at least not the AVERAGE players perspective.

Even me as a "Hardcore" player, I would probably not continue playing this game after seeing the new market. What they did was too much, by far. Requiring alloy plates for simple stuff as mentioned above is stupid. Go try to make anew account and play it for a day.

Let's see how you feel about the system then when you have one gun choice until you can farm hundreds of alloy plates up.

what's been happening in T:A anyways? I loved that game until they started deciding being fast was bad and added all kinds of drag and soft speed limits so paths were barely any faster than mediums

It has got much better since then. In fact most people play on custom servers now where you can change every settings you want. Those issues are no longer here.

Edited by Bboy500

The best place to farm Alloy has always been venera since the drop rates changed, and someone made a thread last night too, he played 40 mins, dunno what wave he achieved but amassed about 450 Alloy, so yeah, if you're worried about Alloy, stop whining and work for it, geesh.

I started playing this game a few hours before the 7.11.0 patch was brought out. 

Before this update I was lucky enough to purchase a Strun for the price of 17500 credits, that alone took a bit of play time for me to acquire. Now I look in the store and see that its price has shot up to a whooping 75000 credits.That's just an insane amount to me and I'm sure many other new players would agree with me. Completing the first mission in Venus (Was my most recent unlock at the time of typing up this post) got me 1400 credits, now it would take me about 53 runs of that to just pick up the Strun if I weren't lucky enough to pick up before the patch. 

Sure the Strun is probably the most pricey of all the credit purchasable weapons in the shop, but I really enjoy shotguns in my shooting games so when I first saw it in the store that became my goal. If I were starting this game from scratch right now, after a few missions I'd realize that my credit income was painfully small when compared to the price of Strun and to be honest I'd probably drop the game. The time I had to spend with the MK1-Braton was not exactly enjoyable for me, but now that I have my Strun the game is a lot more fun. I'm worried that a lot of other new players won't even make it to experience something new before giving up on the game due to these insane requirements acquire new weaponry. 

Another thing, I've noticed that I can't even purchase a single melee weapon for credit anymore so I'm gonna be stuck with the Skana for quite awhile. Now I could craft a Cronus, but from what I've read it's exactly like the Skana except with some stronger stats but the thing is I don't really enjoy much of what the Skana does so I don't see much point in using my limited resources on that. The melee weapon that I'm most interested in the Dual Zoren takes a total of 45000 credits, 4 Morphics (I've found 1 of these so far), 900 Salvage (Haven't seen any of this yet), 600 Ferrite (I actually have this!) and 80 Alloy Plate (Another thing I've never seen), and let's not forget about the 12 hours it would take to actually build it up whenever I do manage to obtain all that stuff (I got my list of materials needed from the wiki so I don't know if it's all 100% correct). I don't know how hard it is to actually get Alloy Plate and Salvage so I'm not sure of how long it will take me to get that stuff, but I gotta say you guys don't make it sound pretty. So while I know blueprints are out there as a supposed option for us new players they don't sound all that obtainable at least from my point of view. 

Sorry if my post is all over the place, I tend to write out everything that is going through my head when it comes to these things. I'll try to write up a summary of my thoughts later on if needed and I'll try to be around to reply to whatever I can. 

These are the weapons that a new player used to be able to get on start. This adds a grindwall before you even get to play with anything but a braton.

You get Braton, Lato, and Skana from the start right? Or did they change that too?

You get Braton, Lato, and Skana from the start right? Or did they change that too?

Yes, but literally no melee weapons are credit-buyable, so I hope you like that skana.

At least you can cred-buy the sicarus for secondary weapons~

So they decided to make an already farm based gameplay into an EVEN more farm based gameplay? Well that seems pretty wise to me! Having to wait 12 hours for every single piece of equipment while farming a whole bunch of materials is hella fun!

Also, a Skana for 150 plats = LOL.

Thank God i didn't reset..

Edited by Nogard18

Oh ffs people...what is the big gripe now?  Oh, are people upset that they have to work hard like some of us to get enough resources for weapons adn then use credits to buy the blueprints?  I have over 4000K credits and still don't use them that much.  I mean, lets be real here.   If you want to buy the weapons, then you must get platinums, period.  If you don't want to buy plats. then do it the long way, which is buy the blueprints and then get the resources.   From there, just build it.  Shesh, and remember, you can only have like  8 weapons, max.   For new players, that's just their problem.  Whenever I joined a new game that had things like requirements and stuff, I didn't go and complain that it wasn't fair and that it should be lowered to where its &!$$ poor to buy, I worked my *** off to get the resources needed and then got what I wanted.

typical response from a good sheep, 

hello everyone, today after the latest update, in the game market is the last straw: it's ALL WITH PLATINUM (almost). most of the weapons only with platinum, and some prices are too high. Braton 25000, 72000 strun, lex 50000, 10000 side, and the complete package for Banshee approximately 660 platinum. but are you kidding me? but what the heck is going on? I understand that they need money, but so is an exaggeration. you agree on this change? i know does exist the blueprints.

You forgat to mention that Everything thats purchasable with Plat is available with Blueprint.