Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sticky Walls

Enot83

The change to how wall running, of various sorts has been a frustrating change, not just an issue of getting used to it, but there are times were my feet seem to act of their own accord and gravity is of no relevance.

Yet 2 seconds later, when I want to actually wall run, it won't.

The change to the dynamics for wall running didn't help.  For those that it did, great!  Allow us the option in controls to disable this new as I like to say "sticky wall" system in which holding shift and moving near almost any wall seems to suck you onto it.

The whole interaction with the environment feels weird, what is so frustrating is when you go to sprint, and it wont sprint or register.

But it feels like every surface my feet want to attach themself to, I find myself avoiding walls/cutting corners close because I know my character is just going to latch on and start running and jumping off of random surfaces for the next 5 seconds.

I liked it alot more when holding space when against the surfaces was the "latch" command, though I can see the merrit in that you no longer have to jump and the issues that came along with not being able to jump in some spots for no apparent reason.

I suppose I'm saying I don't think this solved the problem, it just changed it to something else.  At least before there was a degree of user input as control.  Now the input is to stay the hell away from surfaces like they carry the plague.

My favorite to date has been, trying to slide jump over a railing and across a gap, during a slide above the rail, latching to the rail, wall running along it.  Releasing onto the wall infront of me, then onto a box, to do a backflip into the gap I was trying to jump over.  That or a wall run transitioning onto the lip of a stair, and doing a complete u-turn on the the opposite wall and running back the way I came.  Mind you having released my hand from the keyboard before reaching the stairs.