The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Marking

Feldgrep

I know there have been a lot of threads about this. But here's my idea.

When one person walks over a mod, even if they have already collected it, it drops a waypoint on it. Right on the mod. All you have to do is walk over it. Or near it if that's not to hard to code.

Thoughts?

How about just have it when one person collects it, everyone else gets it as well. They already have money work that way. Might as well do it for mods too.

This just opens up for people joining a game and going afk.... Not a sight I'm looking forward to.

This just opens up for people joining a game and going afk.... Not a sight I'm looking forward to.

This already happens as it is and all they have to do is implement an auto kick if the person doesn't move for a certain amount of time. DE has already mentioned they have a vote kick option in the works anyway.

I didn't go out of my way to pick up that mod to help YOU. Find it yourself.

You're an idiot, do you understand what teamwork means? So what do you say when someone goes out of their way to find a mod and marks it for you?

Use the waypoint button to mark them. Also, even IF you pick them up, the partical effect still stays there, so you can still tell people where to go for them.

I agree with the pick up for all on mods being silly. The reson they are not all pickups is becuse there item loot. You need to think of it more like Diabblo or Titan Quest with the way the loot works. It drops differnt mods for each player, and that is why you can't just have one person pick it up for all of them.

How about just have it when one person collects it, everyone else gets it as well. They already have money work that way. Might as well do it for mods too.

This x1,000. It's a common sense, quality of life FIX. Not adjustment or tweak, FIX, for the problem of having to stop the action in an action game and go pixel hunting for a mod that dropped. They even give us missions with multiple directions to go, like destroying machines in different areas. It's SILLY that we have to pick them up ourselves.

I understand why they want us together, but this is not the way to enforce it. Keeping people together by making them pick up mods themselves removes, distracts from and lowers gameplay rather than improving it.

Everything you could possibly do in every game is bad, if you do it badly. Obviously the game needs kicking/kick voting/AFK checking, etc. You could even go as far as to say we should have this stuff BEFORE we fix mods to prevent people AFK'ing like crazy, but to say we shouldn't fix mod looting because of another very fixable issue is just not logical.

Edited by VKhaun