The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time-Trial New Warframes And Weapons In Some Form

Scoosh

I think it would be cool to be able to test out the different weapons and warframes so that you're sure what you want to get. I look at videos online to try and decide but it is not the same as playing. You might find what looks like fun is rather boring after playing a while and vice versa. The scindo looked fun but when I got it I didn't like the screen shake.

Perhaps a time-trial of sorts but with a suitable length of time to be able to use all the warframes unique abilities. Maybe even have them with 60 mod slots and lots of 'trial mods' that disappear after the trial.

Same with the weapons, you could test them out at their Rank 30(60?) best to see what they are like eventually.

E.g If you find the Paris bow is fast and fun at its highest rank then you can proceed to buy it and rank it up knowing it eventually becomes awesome.

I don't know how this would effect people's buying of extra slots, they might not buy extra ones if they only like one frame in the game but I'm sure if it's thought through well it could actually be better, would they really only like one frame anyway? 

Just an idea, feel free to expand on it.

Good point, perhaps you would still have to have incentive to level the weapons, each weapon having a different rank requirement.

There is no incentive to levelling up all weapons and frames after mastery rank 4.

Anyway the more important thing is the Warframes, maybe I complicated it saying weapons as well, really the weapons are not too hard to obtain and try but potentially you could never obtain a Warframe. In fact trialing out the Warframe might make you consider buying afterward rather than grinding endlessly.

I would actually not be adverse to a warframe trial mode. But it would have to be similar to tutorial mode, not useable in missions.

So it could be like tutorial, you have a bunch of enemies come at you, you ha e unlimited power so can try them all out for however long and exit whenever. You could be able to trial a frame an unlimited amount of times just so you cam get your choice right. Would be a nice touch IMO.

Good point, perhaps you would still have to have incentive to level the weapons, each weapon having a different rank requirement.

There is no incentive to levelling up all weapons and frames after mastery rank 4.

Anyway the more important thing is the Warframes, maybe I complicated it saying weapons as well, really the weapons are not too hard to obtain and try but potentially you could never obtain a Warframe. In fact trialing out the Warframe might make you consider buying afterward rather than grinding endlessly.

They're still figuring out what to do with Mastery Rank Rewards, so hopefully there'll be more reason included to rank up in future updates.

On testing out Warframes, I guess more Profile vids like they did with Vauban would help. Sure it's not the same as playing, but it's something.

I would actually not be adverse to a warframe trial mode. But it would have to be similar to tutorial mode, not useable in missions.

So it could be like tutorial, you have a bunch of enemies come at you, you ha e unlimited power so can try them all out for however long and exit whenever. You could be able to trial a frame an unlimited amount of times just so you cam get your choice right. Would be a nice touch IMO.

And what would happen if you don't like a weapon you tried out? Would you still get it with the knowledge that it doesn't fit your playstyle? Granted being 'stuck' with a weapon/warframe you don't like because you've already crafted/bought it is kinda bad, but hey you'll have to rank it up eventually so why not now?

They're still figuring out what to do with Mastery Rank Rewards, so hopefully there'll be more reason included to rank up in future updates.

On testing out Warframes, I guess more Profile vids like they did with Vauban would help. Sure it's not the same as playing, but it's something.

And what would happen if you don't like a weapon you tried out? Would you still get it with the knowledge that it doesn't fit your playstyle? Granted being 'stuck' with a weapon/warframe you don't like because you've already crafted/bought it is kinda bad, but hey you'll have to rank it up eventually so why not now?

I never mentioned trial runs of weapons bud, that's pointless as we already know which ones are the best. But frame trials would be nice to let new/f2p players see which frame appeals to them and their play style with their limited slot capacity.

I never mentioned trial runs of weapons bud, that's pointless as we already know which ones are the best. But frame trials would be nice to let new/f2p players see which frame appeals to them and their play style with their limited slot capacity.

Ah, apologies. I thought the 'warframe' bit referred to the game, not the equipment type.