Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Iron Skin... R.i.p

Tattutattikawa

First of all, thanks a lot for great game. I endorse this project.

BUT the last change to rhino iron skin... WHY? Why i ask. My clan don't take me to defenses no more, no with rhino, not now.

I cant resurrect nobody safely anymore and when it comes to Infested defenses Rhino is completely useless now.

I used to hold one side and deal with TOXIC Ancients. Cant do it no more. I am full tank moded not some caster wannabe but still they melt me like a butter.

You took only thing rhino was good at. Stomp/RB is a joke compared to any other WF aoe skill. Charge is well ye charge, no game breaker here either. Doesn't matter we have IRON SKIN, oh yeah we HAD iron skin...

I have to level up Nyx or anything else now to contribute to our clan defense runs. The wont hate on me directly because i am clan leader but I know the IRL ones from clan already mentioned this when we failed 20 waves before what we usually do. I am holding them back now. I am not contributing equally.

This change turned me into a LEECHER slightly above general afker, I cant stand that, Rhino is going to shelf as a reminder of the great time I had before...

So please reconsider this, it hurts ... It hurts A LOT.

Love & roses

I go off into a daydream, picturing myself walking into Scott’s office and saying:

“Our Community is really reacting strongly to this Rhino change”– Me

“Oh! We just wanted to invite challenge into his play style, I think 100% invincibility was a little strong, what does the community suggest?” Scott

“Suggest? Hold on, let me check… oh. Nothing, actually, they just wanted to let us know that we ruined him and are doomed.”

Whoop Whoop, sarcasm meter off the carts captain.

I have other frames... Reason behind this is AGAIN. There is no reason left to choose rhino. That is not the point, i can still take Trinity and play one hand one scratching my balls. Clan or no clan. Only reason i mentioned it its that I can still play it but i will be the anvil in the team...

Call it Whine post, BUT if u think this is the way difficulty should scale, then its like bringing knife to gunfight when u have the option.

Reminds me of D3 when we added difficulty by running around without gear just weapon. That is not difficulty at least not the intended game tuned.one.

Edited by Tattutattikawa

Yeah rhino is completely useless now. Too bad you can't just change your play style and use the other powers intended for the class, that are full of knockdowns that could be used to revive team mates.

Too bad.

Yeah rhino is completely useless now. Too bad you can't just change your play style and use the other powers intended for the class, that are full of knockdowns that could be used to revive team mates.

Too bad.

Yeah rhino is total powerhouse now. Too good you can stick to other skill totally surpassed by any other warframe ones compared that are better in range damage and functionality. 

Too good.

Power management is one of the basic skills you should learn before leveling your warframe to max. If you bring up this I just cannot take your post seriously at all.

point still stays - THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO TAKE RHINO INSTEAD OF ANY OTHER FRAME.

Power management is one of the basic skills you should learn before leveling your warframe to max. If you bring up this I just cannot take your post seriously at all.

point still stays - THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO TAKE RHINO INSTEAD OF ANY OTHER FRAME.

My point still stands. The very fact that one power nerf has lead you to believe that Rhino is now useless just goes to show that you have very little versatility in your play style.

He is not meant to be a "powerhouse", he is in essence a support frame.

Originally you would whack on iron skin and go hell for leather with a big melee weapon, not doing the most damage, but effectively being a distractor in high level missions or boss fights.

Now you have to focus more around Crowd Control, which the frame was intended for. With max flow and Streamline and energy siphon you become a key player in defence missions, using Radial Blast and Rhino Stomp one after the other to keep heavies away from the pod and killing mobs. 

I played as Rhino last night with 2 Vaubans on Xini. We got to wave 20 with the pod only losing health once. Despite Vauban having "better versions" of Rhino's powers, I completely out-performed them. They would go down, I would stomp and get them up. Pod was dying, I would blast/stomp to get them away. Ancient getting near one of the Vaubans, I charge it and prevent them from getting hurt. Getting mobbed, use Iron skin to survive. I came out with least damage taken, most damage given and the most kills by about 400.

The point is he isn't a damage based frame, nor was he ever. The difference is now you have to rely on your gun and knockdowns with Rhino, rather than Iron Skin and melee weapon.

My point still stands. The very fact that one power nerf has lead you to believe that Rhino is now useless just goes to show that you have very little versatility in your play style.

He is not meant to be a "powerhouse", he is in essence a support frame.

Originally you would whack on iron skin and go hell for leather with a big melee weapon, not doing the most damage, but effectively being a distractor in high level missions or boss fights.

Now you have to focus more around Crowd Control, which the frame was intended for. With max flow and Streamline and energy siphon you become a key player in defence missions, using Radial Blast and Rhino Stomp one after the other to keep heavies away from the pod and killing mobs. 

I played as Rhino last night with 2 Vaubans on Xini. We got to wave 20 with the pod only losing health once. Despite Vauban having "better versions" of Rhino's powers, I completely out-performed them. They would go down, I would stomp and get them up. Pod was dying, I would blast/stomp to get them away. Ancient getting near one of the Vaubans, I charge it and prevent them from getting hurt. Getting mobbed, use Iron skin to survive. I came out with least damage taken, most damage given and the most kills by about 400.

The point is he isn't a damage based frame, nor was he ever. The difference is now you have to rely on your gun and knockdowns with Rhino, rather than Iron Skin and melee weapon.

I think you just put this thread to rest, good sir.

...lots of bs...

Again, just because they made a fork out of spoon does not mean you cant eat soup with it.

You can still play rhino. You can still do average. BUT i am taking Outer terminus wave 40+ where you contribute nothing and almost any warframe outperform you 100% and there is absolutely no reason to bring Rhino what so ever. 

I also stated I kept the reasoning behind having tank frame and i modded it so, i have flow for the power cap but that's it.

Good job you outperformed warframe which was released two days ago and most likely not even maxed yet. My hat goes down for your spectacular performance sir. If you talk about lets do some public runs to 15 and then ditch, no voice comm and most certainly no AMBITIONS then yeah rhino is perfectly ok warframe...

I think you just put this thread to rest, good sir.

if not for the fact that banshee does knockdowns better for less energy.

Rhino was never an ironskin and melee everything to death frame. It's guns were always it's main damage output. Abilities 3 and 4 are both weak and redundant.

Xini isn't the standard for difficulty, i don't know why people think 20 waves on xini is hardmode. If you want hardmode come to pluto and run the infested and corpus defenses there to 40+ If you want mods you go to the low level defenses and run them into the ground quickly.

Rhino's billed as a highly armored high damage frame, it's not. It was always the tank, has always been the tank, is now outmoded by ember, trinity, ash, and frost all being better tanks because ironskin was nerf'd to oblivion without any of Rhino's other abilities being buffed.

Adapting playstyle to make due with what you have is not a bad thing, but the OP's not complaining about adaptability. The OP's complaining about how rhino is not effective anymore. Seriously, what does rhino do right now better than any other frame? Certainly not rhino charge, slashdash is far superior, most people used rhino charge in conjunction with parkour to get around faster. Iron skin? Nope, ember's 70% damage resist is affected by focus whereas iron skin is not, thus having higher max resistance in addition to damage output. Trinity's link makes her fully invulnerable in a much more spammable manner when combined with energy vamp in addition to reflecting all damage received to a target. What about stomp and blast? Oh wait, banshee has knockdown that costs 25 energy and has pretty much the same radius. Banshee also has massive aoe damage output where rhino has none. Ember has a useful aoe damage attack (if only one), rhino has none. Trinity can heal sentinels, teammates, and herself, replenish heaps of energy, do massive damage, and become infinitely invulnerable. Rhino can what? Spew protective white jizz all over himself that only works on shields (if you have any left) and no longer protects him from anything that allowed him to fill the niche roll of boss aggro tank and pickup otherwise unrecoverable fallen teammates bleeding out in the middle of a clusterfuck.

No, he hasn't laid this thread or issue to rest, just made himself look like a white knighting idiot. Congrats. Now take this to one of the other 10million threads about the rhino.

OP, while having expressed his opinions in a new thread instead of one of the millions of others he probably should've posted in- still shares the same feelings most rhino players currently do. Rhino's not even the warframe i use the most and I'm disgusted by this change. Especially since this nerf was discussed and shot down in several threads before the patch and the heaps of suggestions and discussions  about improving rhino's other abilities to balance him out better that also existed before the patch went completely ignored.

7.11 has broken many things and fixed very few, don't even get me started on vauban, which at level 5 can 1shot captian vor, and yet iron skin was OP? Really?!

Again, adaptability is a good thing that good players use to their advantage is most games-but- to put this in perspective, using a lead pipe to cut a solid loaf of bread is possible, but woefully ineffective for the task, much like rhino currently is. Rhino is no longer a tank. It no longer fills any niche roles, it's just fodder for mastery points until it's fixed.

Edited by AnalogAnomaly

"No reason to take rhino"

Clearly that CC isn't worth it. Most rhinos nowadays go caster route anyway.

Besides, you're not meant to play specific frame because said skill makes you OP as hek, but because its playstyle is what suits you.

Edited by effinator

if not for the fact that banshee does knockdowns better for less energy. Rhino was never an ironskin and melee everything to death frame. It's guns were always it's main damage output. Abilities 3 and 4 are both weak and redundant. Xini isn't the standard for difficulty, i don't know why people think 20 waves on xini is hardmode. If you want hardmode come to pluto and run the infested and corpus defenses there to 40+ If you want mods you go to the low level defenses and run them into the ground quickly.

It's billed as a high damage frame, it's not. It was always the tank, has always been the tank, is now outmoded by ember, trinity, ash, and frost all being better tanks because ironskin was nerf'd to oblivion without any of it's other abilities being buffed.

Adapting playstyle to make due with what you have is not a bad thing, but the OP's not complaining about adaptability. The OP's complaining about how rhino is not effective anymore. Seriously, what does rhino do right now better than any other frame? Certainly not rhino charge, slashdash is far superior, most people used rhino charge in conjunction with parkour to get around faster. Iron skin? Nope, ember's 70% damage resist is affected by focus whereas iron skin is not, thus having higher max resistance in addition to damage output. Trinity's link makes her fully invulnerable in a much more spammable manner when combined with energy vamp in addition to reflecting all damage received to a target. What about stomp and blast? Oh wait, banshee has knockdown that costs 25 energy and has pretty much the same radius. Banshee also has massive aoe damage output where rhino has none. Ember has a useful aoe damage attack (if only one), rhino has none. Trinity can heal sentinels, teammates, and herself, replenish heaps of energy, do massive damage, and become infinitely invulnerable. Rhino can what? Spew protective white jizz all over himself that only works on shields (if you have any left) and no longer protects him from anything that allowed him to fill the niche roll of boss aggro tank and pickup otherwise unrecoverable fallen teammates bleeding out in the middle of a clusterfuck.

No, he hasn't laid this thread or issue to rest, just made himself look like a white knighting idiot. Congrats. Now take this to one of the other 10million threads about the rhino.

OP, while having expressed his opinions in a new thread instead of one of the millions of others he probably should've posted in- still shares the same feelings most rhino players currently do. Rhino's not even the warframe i use the most and I'm disgusted by this change. Especially since this nerf was discussed and shot down in several threads before the patch and the heaps of suggestions and discussions  about improving rhino's other abilities to balance him out better that also existed before the patch went completely ignored.

7.11 has broken many things and fixed very few, don't even get me started on vauban, which at level 5 can 1shot captian vor, and yet iron skin was OP? Really?!

Again, adaptability is a good thing that good players use to their advantage is most games-but using a lead pipe to cut a solid loaf of bread is possible, but woefully ineffective for the task, much like rhino currently is. Rhino is no longer a tank. It no longer fills any niche roles, it's just fodder for mastery points until it's fixed.

Finally, I started to think I am playing different game. This is exactly my point.

Again, just because they made a fork out of spoon does not mean you cant eat soup with it.

You can still play rhino. You can still do average. BUT i am taking Outer terminus wave 40+ where you contribute nothing and almost any warframe outperform you 100% and there is absolutely no reason to bring Rhino what so ever. 

I also stated I kept the reasoning behind having tank frame and i modded it so, i have flow for the power cap but that's it.

Good job you outperformed warframe which was released two days ago and most likely not even maxed yet. My hat goes down for your spectacular performance sir. If you talk about lets do some public runs to 15 and then ditch, no voice comm and most certainly no AMBITIONS then yeah rhino is perfectly ok warframe...

If you make a fork out of a spoon, stop trying to eat soup with it, try using it for pasta.

Honestly if you hate the update so much and refuse to wait for the hotfix about Rhino's immunity and refuse to change your playstyle, just leave. No one needs your complaining with lack of suggestions apart from "Give me back my one power frame!!!". Your not giving any feedback other than "I like to play this way, you stopped me playing this way, so I'm going to throw my toys out the pram!!!"

if not for the fact that banshee does knockdowns better for less energy. Rhino was never an ironskin and melee everything to death frame. It's guns were always it's main damage output. Abilities 3 and 4 are both weak and redundant. Xini isn't the standard for difficulty, i don't know why people think 20 waves on xini is hardmode. If you want hardmode come to pluto and run the infested and corpus defenses there to 40+ If you want mods you go to the low level defenses and run them into the ground quickly.

It's billed as a high damage frame, it's not. It was always the tank, has always been the tank, is now outmoded by ember, trinity, ash, and frost all being better tanks because ironskin was nerf'd to oblivion without any of it's other abilities being buffed.

Adapting playstyle to make due with what you have is not a bad thing, but the OP's not complaining about adaptability. The OP's complaining about how rhino is not effective anymore. Seriously, what does rhino do right now better than any other frame? Certainly not rhino charge, slashdash is far superior, most people used rhino charge in conjunction with parkour to get around faster. Iron skin? Nope, ember's 70% damage resist is affected by focus whereas iron skin is not, thus having higher max resistance in addition to damage output. Trinity's link makes her fully invulnrable in a much more spammable manner when combined with energy vamp in addition to reflecting all damage received to a target. What about stomp and blast? Oh wait, banshee has knockdown that costs 25 energy and has pretty much the same radius. Banshee also has massive aoe damage output where rhino has none. Ember has a useful aoe damage attack (if only one), rhino has none. Trinity can heal sentienels, teammates, and herself, replenish heaps of energy, do massive damage, and become infinately invulnrable. Rhino can what? Spew protective white jizz all over himself that only works on shields (if you have any left) and no longer protects him from anything that allowed him to fill the niche roll of boss aggro tank and pickup otherwise unrecoverable fallen teammates bleeding in the middle of a clusterfuck.

Again, adaptability is a good thing that good players use to their advantage is most games-but using a lead pipe to cut a solid loaf of bread is possible, but woefully ineffective for the task, much like rhino currently is. Rhino is no longer a tank. It no longer fills any niche roles, it's just fodder for mastery points until it's fixed.

Both you and OP are making assumptions and throwing around insults without taking into account that Rhino's Iron Skin is currently bugged. You ARE MEANT to be immune to knockbacks and Ancients, IT'S A BUG. That means when it gets fixed, your left with an 80% damage mitigation, which can still lead to a fairly tanky frame.

I actually went and tried Rhino on pluto (one of the corpus defence, with the long sidewalks) and still managed to go to 20 with PUGS and be a useful asset to the team (please note, we had no Frost). Stomp is hella useful for giving people a break.

The only issue I have with the current update, pre-Rhino fix (it will happen, don't worry), is that he has almost turned into a caster frame with his reliance on expensive powers.

If you don't want a challenge and don't want use Rhino until the hotfix, then don't. No one is making you, wait a few days. I thought I'd give it a go, try and make it work, and I did. 

im writing this after i was on xini. was me playin on rhino n vauban. i just stood by while he cleared EVERYTHING until wave 10!!!!

So

- you r not telling the true here, or

- that vaubans u played with are complete .....

Edited by crncogorac