Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Explosionary Diversion And Dispersive Measures New Loki Decoy Augments That Will Change How We Play Loki Or Increase Loki's Diverse Bag Of Tricks.

--.B.--HARDCOREDAVE-

I just want an explosive decoy or ability to split decoy into several other decoys by press 1 again but all the resulting decoys would have 3 secs less duration than the original decoy and half its hp and shields.

Explosive Diversion- After 10 secs loki's decoy will explode dealing 500 blast damage and guaranteed blast proc with a 20m in game radius and will also draw enemies attention with the area to the site of explosion for 20 secs. (decoy's explosive damage scales with power strength and area of explosion is affected by range. Detonation time can be shortened by lowering duration) This augment will make Loki into a more offensive sabotaging frame while at the same time still providing CC and diversionary tactics for team mates.

Dispersive measures- Upon pressing 1 loki's decoy will then disperse into 4 decoys with 5 secs less duration and half hp and shields in random areas within a 15m in-game radius and each decoy will draw the attention of enemies in near proximity (All decoys duration will scale of duration mods)

These 2 augments fulfill different roles the first one is for more offensive sabotage loki as it scales with power and range and preferably small duration so that people don't rely on duration invisibility builds too much. Therefore it will negate the scaling of the other augment dispersive measures since its based on duration dispersive measures will work well with normal invi duration loki builds while the explosive diversion will work best with irridiated disarm builds creating even more chaos and providing damage abilities for loki as well as more CC.

Well since my other thread in warframe ability feedback got deleted will place my response to Immolators question here.

Yes and what I am saying is that this could change that besides I'm not saying you slap in power strength mods to increase the damage of the explosion its just an option you can do without that since what the EXPLOSION mainly does is it have guaranteed blast proc and will attract all enemies in that area to the site of the explosion as they will be distracted or investigate it for 20 secs so it will make up for the loss of duration of the decoy with duration builds since even if the decoy explodes after 10 secs there will be a 20 sec diversionary CC in the form of the 20 sec distraction caused by it. But if players also want to deal more damage and scale the 500 blast damage they can go with lesser duration builds to make instant detonation decoys that will still deal blast proc and is affected by range so it will be good for disarm lokis but with this set up you will be sacrificing duration and that is why you will rely more on switch tele and decoy and disarm if you choose to go more offensive. This mod offers BALANCE in terms of playstyle.

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE

I hope at least 1 of these 2 concept mods would become actuality :)

Explosive Diversion- After 10 secs loki's decoy will explode dealing 500 blast damage and guaranteed blast proc with a 20m in game radius and will also draw enemies attention with the area to the site of explosion for 20 secs. (decoy's explosive damage scales with power strength and area of explosion is affected by range. Detonation time can be shortened by lowering duration) This augment will make Loki into a more offensive sabotaging frame while at the same time still providing CC and diversionary tactics for team mates.

Dispersive measures- Upon pressing 1 loki's decoy will then disperse into 4 decoys with 5 secs less duration and half hp and shields in random areas within a 15m in-game radius and each decoy will draw the attention of enemies in near proximity (All decoys duration will scale of duration mods)

I think 20m is  a bit large for a Blast proc. But I've seen the idea pop up a few times around the forums, so I guess people want something like this from Decoy.

Personally, I actually like Dispersive Measures a lot more. I guess just because it's a bit different, but to me it seems to fit better with the whole "distraction" thing that Decoy currently does.

I think 20m is  a bit large for a Blast proc. But I've seen the idea pop up a few times around the forums, so I guess people want something like this from Decoy.

Personally, I actually like Dispersive Measures a lot more. I guess just because it's a bit different, but to me it seems to fit better with the whole "distraction" thing that Decoy currently does.

Yes my Idea is to provide two viable decoy augments that hopefully will make it in game so that people have a CHOICE of how they want to play loki if they want to be more offensive and sabotage based or to be true to loki's deceitful manner while still being viable to his overly popular invi duration staple build. But yes well the idea is since the decoy will explode in about 10 secs it has to make up for the loss of aggro draw but yes sure we can cut it down to 15m since it will be affected by range mods anyway.

I can imagine both of these augments having unique fx animation aspects you will see a big explosion and hear a large boom and see some smoke cause by explosive diversion while dispersive measures will be more fluid and mysterious as you will see after image multiplication and blurring of decoy while its being dispersed the cloned decoys will appear more blurry or motion blurred I guess.

I like the idea of an explosive decoy, but personally I think it should explode when sufficiently attacked or when it expires normally, maybe even be detonate prematurely by recasting. Augment mods are for the most part straight upgrades, so I don't see the point of cutting down the duration to 10 seconds.

Also, Loki being Loki I would imagine the explosion would be less about damage and more about confusing flash-bangy stuff, maybe make a smoke cloud that creates the effect of Pacifying Bolts in anyone caught in it.

1: holy crap that title

2: why did it seem like you extended your post in comments rather than just editing the post or continuing to write?

ok now onto your idea.

first one seems interesting though the range is pretty huge. reduce that and i could see it working with his 4 pretty well.

the second one i am a little confused about. not sure what it's supposed to achieve that normal decoy doesnt.

I like the idea of an explosive decoy, but personally I think it should explode when sufficiently attacked or when it expires normally, maybe even be detonate prematurely by recasting. Augment mods are for the most part straight upgrades, so I don't see the point of cutting down the duration to 10 seconds.

Also, Loki being Loki I would imagine the explosion would be less about damage and more about confusing flash-bangy stuff, maybe make a smoke cloud that creates the effect of Pacifying Bolts in anyone caught in it.

I originally designed explosive diversion as a recastable decoy that detonates upon pressing 1 but I changed it because the 2nd augment I think needs the press 1 to create more decoys better the reason on the 10 sec detonation thing is even if it detonates given the certain time which will make it feel like a real bomb then there will be a CC Aggro drawing mechanic that will distract everyone near the area for 20 secs so even if the initial decoy duration is cut off it will still provide DIVERSIONARY AGGRO DRAWING CC and will work well even with lessened duration power range loki build which is something most loki player would never consider like what I said I am merely offering DIFFERENT WAY to play Loki with this augment.

But yeah sure it can also be linked with the decoy recieving sufficient amount of damage but I believe putting a time duration since it will work with power range build is better as you can time and be strategic on where to place the decoy for it to avoid getting destroyed easily in high levels but at the same time will explode and deal damage even if its far frame reach of enemy units but will still draw their attention for example tucked in between boxes or on top of ledges or something.

1: holy crap that title

2: why did it seem like you extended your post in comments rather than just editing the post or continuing to write?

ok now onto your idea.

first one seems interesting though the range is pretty huge. reduce that and i could see it working with his 4 pretty well.

the second one i am a little confused about. not sure what it's supposed to achieve that normal decoy doesnt.

yes the 2nd one is what decoy should have been all along and yes range is a bit OP for explosionary so it could be changed to 15m still scaling with range mods

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE