The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

you know what would easily help set all the melee weapons apart

mesmer

if each one had a level 15/l30 upgradable skill that was unique to it.even cooler if say for example you had 2 or 3 options at level 15/30 so t hat your heatsword could be a single target destroyer or a more weaker aoe flame sword for example.

not only would this give player choice and encourage people to have multipul of the same sword but it give cool individuality to each player.

the melee weapons are barely different at all... having 5 more base attack or having 10 more charge damage is almost irrelevant. oh goodie this new sword has 3% faster base speed so cool! besides the flame sword having a jumping fire attack and the dual skana hitting more enemies all of the swords are basically the same. the other weapons are a step in the right direction of being noticably different in what they do at least.

the melee weapons could with a simple system be like characters themselves that are a reflection of the user.

maybe this is just my perspective as a person who would use 100% melee if it was possible.in later levels its harder to keep up with people just using the biggest most op gun they can find and just blowing everything apart using this play style.

Wait, so are you saying you want a change to the melee weapon skill tree or a change to their specials? Because i'm pretty sure their specials are being worked on right now.

I think he's saying he wants to have different path's in the tree that specializes in a certain expect of the weapon itself. Like how he placed an example of the heat sword. Making the fire damage either spread among the enemies after cutting the first or make it super hot to the point that it cuts like butter and becomes a strong normal slash sword. Going further in the tree would cause the weapon to expend on these espect.

Edited by demsoulja

Weapon specific mods do this such as a "lato" mod for example. Stack those on your weapon and it feels different. not so much though. I agree they need more but for me that more would definitely be something along the lines of a different mechanic, not just animation or stats.