Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Powerfists And Sawmen Need To Be More Dangerous

Tyrian3k

The Grineer melee units (apart from the Flameblade) are quite harmless.

That's not because they don't deal enough damage, but the fact that they barely ever even score a hit at all.

The problem is the attack speed.

If one of them starts attacking, the player has more than enough time to run out of range, especially if it's a Powerfist that attacks so slow that people might think that some sort of slo-mo was enabled.

The chances of getting away without getting hit should be far smaller than they are, so the time between them starting the attack and the actual hit should be reduced.

They aren't very durable and I know that they aren't supposed to be durable, but the Sawman should still have the same amount of health as Lancers have and just lack their armor's damage reduction.

They should be very lethal if they get into melee range.

They're pretty devastating early on, it's just later on where things get easy. I think this is more a issue of wanting harder mobs instead of this specific mob being harder, I mean it makes sense that a melee guy that runs at you gets mowed down by your guns.

Agreed. They should deal more damage, have faster melee speed and evade your attacks. 

Indeed. They should really be melee enemies rather than cannon fodder. They should be faster, not really deal more damage, but have a higher attack speed, evade your attacks and come in groups. Maybe even make the teleporting ones be a leader of some sorts which distracts you while the others come close.

I always thought the slow-attack animations would fit a heavily armored, high-damage enemy... but for some reason it can only be found on those unarmored, cannonfodder grineers. So yeah, needs some change. Make them more dangerous or let them attack with normal speed and give us some dangerous high-armor/high-damage enemies with nice slow attack animations so we can time our evasive maneuvres or blocks.

Edited by Feindfeuer