Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soft Cap On Drops?

NCorbin

I have spent the last 8 hours doing boss runs (ash and loki) i have not recieved either of these helmets in rediculious amounts of runs. Would it not make sense to do like a 50 runs get to choose one part? i have 4 warframes all missing 1 part and it completely takes the fun out of ''earning'' your warframe.

earning it isn't always gonna be fun.

Just hang in there. Try alternate bosses. So you need 1 part for 4 frames, then do boss A, then B, then C and then D before doing A again. People say it helps. 

Just take a break from warframe, and come back again later. It will come eventually.

It's a valid point but the answer to an issue in the game should not be to stop playing the game. The goal is player retention and the worst way to achieve it is to drive players away. Problem is, many who "take a break and then come back later" do the first part but not the second. They take a break and go play something else that draws their attention, get hooked, and never come back. Not always, but sometimes.

I do agree with the main point which is that when you're trying really hard for something to drop, it seems to never happen. When you pray to RNGsus and he doesn't seem to answer, go focus on something else like leveling a new weapon or frame or filling in your mod inventory or do a random alert or whatever. Sooner or later you'll get want you need but trying too hard to force it almost never seems to work.

It's a valid point but the answer to an issue in the game should not be to stop playing the game. The goal is player retention and the worst way to achieve it is to drive players away. Problem is, many who "take a break and then come back later" do the first part but not the second. They take a break and go play something else that draws their attention, get hooked, and never come back. Not always, but sometimes.

I do agree with the main point which is that when you're trying really hard for something to drop, it seems to never happen. When you pray to RNGsus and he doesn't seem to answer, go focus on something else like leveling a new weapon or frame or filling in your mod inventory or do a random alert or whatever. Sooner or later you'll get want you need but trying too hard to force it almost never seems to work.

I'd rather they play a game they enjoy more than play a game they are getting frustrated over, and then giving a bad impression of the game to other people who might be looking into it.