Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did You Know? Marksmen.

Revel72

Did you know? Marksmen.

Believe it or not... Man hails from Finland record of 505 confirmed kills... Raise some hats people. Because man named Simo Häyhä "White Death" did what was told to do

As I am from Finland I actually didn't know this and I was quite surprised.

What ended his career? Man got exploding round bullet on his left side of face destroying his cheek and jaw but he survived shot was by Russian soldier name not found.

Edited by Revel72

There's debate as to that number. Some claim it was only around 300 total, which would put a couple famous Soviet snipers ahead of him. Many of his kills also weren't with a rifle.

Indeed but yet... It is believed to be 505 and current video what I am watching person says that he killed 450.

Indeed but yet... It is believed to be 505 and current video what I am watching person says that he killed 450.

Yes, it's still a very large number. Many people say it was exaggerated to cause fear in the Soviet ranks though, and that the actual number was lower than the one officially provided. Nobody really knows what it was, for obvious reasons. Sniper tallies are more of a propaganda thing that anything else, they're usually provided by the government and not the sniper themselves. Most snipers don't bother keeping track.

Yes, it's still a very large number. Many people say it was exaggerated to cause fear in the Soviet ranks though, and that the actual number was lower than the one officially provided. Nobody really knows what it was, for obvious reasons. Sniper tallies are more of a propaganda thing that anything else, they're usually provided by the government and not the sniper themselves. Most snipers don't bother keeping track.

Indeed. But I got to say. If that number is true... It is one hell of a feat. My guess he might have scored 210 kills if you have seen how much men was deployed in the winter war. I guess you might start think a while. How Finland stood glorious second in that war. We lost ground and got some bills to pay but we still kept our country.