Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Introduction.... And Things

Pie_mastyr

Well, here it is; my long awaited, highly anticipated........introduction to warframe forums :P

Hi.

But wait there's more! 

I thought I'd use my introduction as a way to discuss what this game means to me, as well as talk about where I plan to move forward in regards to forum activity. so here it goes:

I guess my adventure starts the moment I got my very first(and current, essentially) pc, which meant a lot to me as I had been saving for it for a while and was the first real thing had been purchased by me, for me. So there's that. But trouble arose when I stared at my steam library, which was pitiful at the time. And the first few weeks of my new computer were not long hours of gaming, but instead..... actually i don't really remember what I did with the thing :P.

But then, one day I was looking around for a good sale when i thought to myself, "why haven't I looked for any free to plays?" And there it was, exactly what I didn't know I always wanted: warframe. A relatively new game that I could be a part of, with an awesome community and a good sized player base (not too big not too small). Now all it needed was too be fun.

And so it was. In fact I still remember my very first moments in warframe. I remember loading into the tutorial, back then It was the same style as the mastery tests as I am sure most of you remember. At the time I was new at the whole mouse and keyboard thing, but for some reason I had no issues with them. I felt powerful in that room where nothing felt real.... But I also remember the power being ripped away, the void it left.

My first mission I was tasked with sabotaging a grineer vessel. The task was simple: go in, destroy the generator, get out. I prowled through the halls of the ship, confident. Enemies that were unlucky enough to get in my way were slaughtered before they even knew i was there. I continued in this fashion until I got to the objective, undiscovered. And there it was, the generator. Excitedly I went to the control panel which opened the generator up for attack. fluorescent green tubes extended from the rotating sphere and I knew what was to be done. I opened fire and destroyed every last tube.

The lights dimmed, and silence once again took it's place in the depths of space. But only for a moment, for the ship had been alerted to my presence. I could here the grineer in the distance, many grineer. Too many. I was being surrounded and had not planned for this. But the lotus' calm words still rang in my ears, "Get to extraction". I looked to my mini-map, got my bearings and began to flee. I could hear the bullets whizzing by, and crashing against the cold steel box that now felt less like a ship and more like a prison. They were as unrelenting as I was helpless. It seemed that just as my shields would replenish, the grineer's bullets would take it down again. They must be toying with me. But I was close to extraction so I pushed on. In my blind rush I had not considered what extraction would be, how could I escape? would I have to overpower my pursuers? But relief took the place of panic as I stepped into my ship (bullets still chasing after me).

So there's the story, now if you will bear with me for a little longer I can get down to business. I had mentioned earlier that I wanted to pursue the forum game more in the future, this is mainly because I feel as if some of the ideas I have had are worth sharing. The problem is, I have had a hard time writing on this forum specifically for whatever reason. A very specific sort of writer's block. But after nearly finishing this post I think I can do it.

What I want to know is, since the ideas are all related to one another, should I do one massive post that is updated over time? or several smaller posts each containing an idea and a link to the other ideas it pertains to?

Also just for fun, maybe describe your most memorable moment in warframe :P

excruciating detail if possible!

Thanks for your time everyone!