Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo - Clan Numbers Balancing

Lactamid

I was thinking abit on how to implement some balancing aspects into the Dojo building and the possible rewards/penalties of clan numbers.

First of all I want to say - I want to hear what you think - is this something that is good or bad? And if it is/isn't - why?

So as we could see in the live stream the cost for building stuff in the upcoming Dojos can be pretty steep. If you have a clan consisting of 5-15 players 25000 alloy is a huge amount to farm. However, if your clan consists of a 1000 players it's no biggie.

So what I suggest is that the cost of building things in the Dojo is based on the amount of members in the clan.

Each member adds a cost.

To build "Room 1" there is a formula = MxR + MxC = Cost for "Room 1"

M = amount of clan Members

R = base amount of Resources

C = base amount of Credits

(Should there be a curved or a flat ratio to the amount of players-cost?)

This way it would be a bit more dynamic, but then what about strenght in numbers? Should there be any bonus for being in a large clan?

Could each clan member perhaps give some 0.1% bonus to build times? A lowered transaction fee in player to player market? Or some other stuff?

TL:DR

Should a large clan have more expensive builds due to its numbers (upkeepish)? And should there be a bonus to having a large cland? Perhaps decreased build times?

A big clan that gets a room done have paid more than a little clan, yet the larger clan can get things done faster due to its sheer numbers.

We don't really know how it is going to be yet.

We will find out soon though.

But no i think numbers should not have anything to do with it, due to most clans not having many active members.

So a clan with 50 people but 10 active members would be crutched if that makes sense. 

I think the bigger the clan, the more room for them to be able to expand, while smaller clans would need more members to have more room.

This gives both clans a way of progressing without benefiting either one any more.

And i heard a rumor that the clans are going to be focused on 30-50 members.

The super clans, are just super clans.

There are not alot of them,  most clans have 100 members max, so i am guessing they will focus on 50 being the target number.

But thats just my guess.

Edited by pdxdubin

Nice idea!... I was also thinking that a small percentage of the alloy would be deducted during gameplay lets say you picked up alloy in the amount of 25 3 goes to clan bank and you keep 22...or something of that nature! along with allowing the player to donate more if they wanted to! Just my lil two cents...

well then how about we join a clan give them all our resourses and quit so every thing is dirt cheap and the war-leader can make everything instantly.

this idea is high exploitable because if a of 110 players like mine gives all their spare resourses to one player and leaves the clan you have one guy with a couple million resources to use. 

So a clan with 50 people but 10 active members would be crutched if that makes sense. 

I think the bigger the clan, the more room for them to be able to expand, while smaller clans would need more members to have more room.

This gives both clans a way of progressing without benefiting either one any more.

And i heard a rumor that the clans are going to be focused on 30-50 members.

This is very true, a killer of clans in many games. I made a post earlier on "what clans could be" and gave ides to how idle players would still be usefull. I will try to find the link and edit it in.

This sounds legit. I like it.

Presonally I would have wished for a set max number in a clan simply for balancing them, but as you said, we will just have to see.

Good critique.

ZteelZero: I think that some players will be raging like crazy over such a thing if it was mandatory, but having some %-slider option might be something.

Yetipiclez: hehe, sounds like a mighty clan ;P

well then how about we join a clan give them all our resourses and quit so every thing is dirt cheap and the war-leader can make everything instantly.

this idea is high exploitable because if a of 110 players like mine gives all their spare resourses to one player and leaves the clan you have one guy with a couple million resources to use. 

I totally agree with this, it would be higly exploitable. Perhaps that is something that DE's has been thinking of as they were speaking of a system that essetially tracked resources when you created something in the Dojo and it being account-bound/tied.

I would be a major flaw if everyone just dumped the resources, left and then joined after the build was done / fee was deducted.

As pdxdubin said it might be better to go with the size related to the quantity.