Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrying Datamass

AngryBenko

I find it a bit annoying that you have to carry the datamass around, making it impossible to use your primary weapon. Now granted, it's not much of a problem with a party, but you happen to play solo because there's not a lot of players doing the same mission, it's just a nuissance.

I was okay with it on the less difficult missions, but when it got to the higher difficulty missions, it's just outrageous. You will constantly run out of ammo, and at that point you have hundreds of enemies shooting at you and before you can kill them you die. It also seems like the difficulty increase is the an increase in the number of corpus walkers, or infected...

Just a pet-peeve of mine.

You can drop the Datamasses if ever you are in a bit of an extreme situation by pressing F/Switch Weapon. It's a gameplay driven question of whether you can afford to break through enemy lines with only your sidearm to reach an exit or whether you need to stop and protect yourself.

Of course, you can still use your powers; a little subversion might help you gain the upper hand. I know I always forget about my powers because I'm having too much fun with the gun/swordplay.

Well, it's a gameplay feature alright.

And it's not that bad either.

In a group, it creates a VIP that must get to extraction at ALL costs. With reduced firepower, he needs protection from his well-armed teammates...

And that is a good mechanic.

It WILL be very annoying for a solo player, having odds stacked against them very much from the beginning.

But careful and strategic behavior will get you through hard levels on your own... it helps if you're Loki, too.

I agree that it's a feature. It worked the same way in Syndicate. It also makes you pay attention to your secondary weapon (you might otherwise neglect). I guess it's a problem only in the sense that the game's difficulty doesn't scale with the number of players (but that's why there are so many levels with different difficulty).

whats so hard with datamass? i am not sure i follow.

If you want to use your main weapon then just drop it for 10 sec and kill everything you see and then go and pick it up. OR get a much more powerfull handgun. My tip is going towards the Aklato stacked with dmg % fire and lightning damage. The gun have high fire rate high acc deals decent dmg and large clips.

But then again you never use your secondary weapons. Grab the Battle axe from the store and fill it up with Charge damage mods and then go and 1 shot everything while doing datamass missions.

Edited by Trancemaster