Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Turn Off The Auto Wall-Run Or Toggle It Please.

Mysteryman2000

I constantly run into the problem where I am running through a hall then all of a sudden I catch a wall of some sort and am catapulted across the screen from a wall I didn't intend to hit.   The mechanics worked better when you had to press the spacebar or jump in order to do the trick.

I constantly run into the problem where I am running through a hall then all of a sudden I catch a wall of some sort and am catapulted across the screen from a wall I didn't intend to hit.   The mechanics worked better when you had to press the spacebar or jump in order to do the trick.

I think it's a bug. Well, I certainly hope it is anyway, it's pretty awful when I'm using Ash and find myself going from seeking cover after hitting smoke screen because I saw a few ancients looking at me funny to running along the wall and landing right next to a few toxic ancients... right as Smoke screen wears off.

I think it's a bug. Well, I certainly hope it is anyway, it's pretty awful when I'm using Ash and find myself going from seeking cover after hitting smoke screen because I saw a few ancients looking at me funny to running along the wall and landing right next to a few toxic ancients... right as Smoke screen wears off.

ancients see you even when you're invisible, so don't feel for that :D

You can check the "Hold space to wall run" in the options. Is that what you are looking for?

The wall-running mechanic in this game is garbage. Using any special moves in combat is a death sentence, especially latching onto boxes when all you wanted to do was jump out of a mosh-pit... And when you try to use it for evasion the game goes "NO! NO! BAD! Get down from the furniture/walls/boxes! Bad, Bad Warframe! No!". Basically it won't let you perform the act. 

Edited by TwiceDead

Seeing how important the control of movement is to this game, this sticky wall run change needs to be reversed asap.

It's unbelievably how frustrating it is when you stick unpredictably to all kinds of surface when sprinting and especially in a middle of a big fight lining up your moves.

Anyhow the current game experience is more frustration then enjoyment for me, I'll probably tap out for a break soon after seeing what U8 has to offer.

That option would be fantastic if it actually worked.  Unfortunately, that thing is bugged in my experience.

Yep it doesn't work for me either. Watched my Cryopod blow up and my newbie friend bled out next to it while I was running along the walls like a cat on morning rescue.

Yeah, I hope it's a bug as well, when I fight the grineer bosses, I like to get on top of the pipe in the middle, and as of late, when I'd run to jump up, before I can even slow down to start the jump, I'm parcored off the pipe and 90mph in the wrong direction.

OP +1

The current system is terrible. It's horribly inconsistent as well. I'll press the sprint button and get sucked to a wall and start wall running. The option in the menu to force the spacebar helps, but it doesn't always work. And, if I do keep it on auto-run mode, sometimes it won't wall run no matter what angle I hit the wall from. I'll do it fine 5 times in a row, then 5 times in a row it won't work at all, same wall, same motion. It's just broken.

As long as the option to hold space to wall run works, I'm... okay with the new auto-run (but it doesn't always work). A larger issue though is that auto-run lowers the skill ceiling (you can do more with holding jump than without it), and it causes confusion among players as to how to wall run. What about future mobility? There will be a split movement system. It's like talking to someone and after 20 minutes of frustration, finding out that for them, it takes a double click to shoot their gun. The gap between gamepad and keyboard is large enough that it doesn't matter, but small differences in the same set up will be rough.

But as I said, if that option worked, I think it'd be okay. Overall, auto-wall run sucks though.

I haven't experienced this myself. It seems odd because you're supposed to hold jump to stay to the wall. The only read I'd think you're hitting the wall like that is because you're jumping right next to it. 

I could be wrong in this.

Personally, I don't have much an issue controlling it. I've also mapped my sprint key to a different button (my mouse has two buttons where the thumb rests), so that may have something to do with it. 

I haven't experienced this myself. It seems odd because you're supposed to hold jump to stay to the wall. The only read I'd think you're hitting the wall like that is because you're jumping right next to it.

It's suppose to work like this, but I've been wall running without even pressing the jump key at all as of late. It's damn annoying too, trying to turn a corner and the being launched in the entire opposite direction is very counter productive towards fast paced space ninja gameplay...

Edited by ToeSama