Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question On Lore

I went to help some new players against Lephantis yesterday and noticed something with what the Lotus said.

She said that Lephantis had gotten large because of hundreds of years of growth and the consumption of flesh (paraphrasing).

But one of Lephantis' heads is Grineer and another Corpus.

Does this mean that the Grineer and Corpus have been around for hundreds of years?

Although not in the current state of the two factions the descendants of the Grineer and Corpus have dated back to the Orokin era.

Well, at least the people who made the Corpus. As others put it:

Fun fact:  'Corpus' is actually the Orokin word for 'Family.'  So the Corpus literally translates to the Family.  ...Were the Corpus originally the Orokin Mafia?

And while it seems to have been MORE than just "this is their word for family", like some kind of social institution, given the way the Anti Moa Synthesis talks about it the Corpus as we understand it - the megacorporation with "freakin' lasers" - is actually more modern creation.

It's rather interesting, now that it crosses my mind.

Grineer once (in the Orokin Era) meant just this one race of cloned slaves, but in recent years the definition has evolved into "anyone who will serve the wishes of the Queens".

While Corpus was once this large-reaching social institution of people who belonged together, but now seems to have "devolved" into a more specific "you're part of the company" definition.

Grineer once (in the Orokin Era) meant just this one race of cloned slaves, but in recent years the definition has evolved into "anyone who will serve the wishes of the Queens".

I wonder if the Queens might have been rebellious leader figures like the Steel Meridian Boss once :/

Edited by MihawkDulacr1

I wonder if the Queens might have been rebellious leader figures like the Steel Meridian Boss once :/

Potentially. I myself see them more as the unifying conquers, bringing the otherwise scattered Grineer together into a single Empire - the timeline of such an idea in my head being; Old War Won > Orokin Fall/Tenno Vanish > Grineer start uprising in pockets, killing and enslaving remaining Orokin > Queens rise, begin > Empire is founded under them.

Of course, that's assuming the Queens are ancient figures and not a more modern rise to power; a personal favorite theory of mine is that they were genetic rejects (by virtue of being conjoined twins) used for manual labor and then crawled their way out of that through murder and charismatic rallying... So... yeah, maybe? Though I see that as having happened more within the confines of a "might makes right" Grineer societal structure.