Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clarify And Simplify

Zhero8232

As a new player the things I have found the most annoying are as follows:

1) The lack of ability to get back to the Main Map for mission selection. There should be one button that lets you get back to there (preferrably located up near Arsenal, Market, etc.)

2) Equipping and switching between weapons should be done by clicking the weapon slot in Arsenal and selecting from all of the weapons you own on the left hand side of the screen.

3) When crafting things that are multiparted (chasis, system, helmet) it should be made clear what the additional parts that are required are.

It would also be nice if there was a way to play test a weapon before you commit to buying it.

1)  Valid point.  These menus, while not bad, could use a mild redesign, and a "Home" button would work.

2)  Don't agree.  Currently if you double-click your weapon you bring up the selection screen.  Then double-click the one you want, and you're back in the Arsenal screen.  IMHO, this would be much work for virtually no gain.

3)  Don't agree.  In Foundry, look at the components in your given BP, the ones you lack have quantity numbers displayed in red.  A little small, but it's there.

4)  Don't agree.  Either read the forums about the weapon, read the Wiki, or live dangerously and buy it/try it.  Do a little bit of research, or wear Big Boy pants.  (Okay, that was harsh.  Sorry.  But I don't agree.)

[1] Agree, just have the current "zoom out" be present always, doesn't need to be in a different spot, keeping it the same size and in the same location makes it more user friendly/intuitive to use.  Not sure if in its current stat that it is visible from all menu depths/locations.  Like inside mod selection for weapons as an example, having the option to immediatly exit this to the overview without going back through other menus is a simple change that I would think is rather simple to implement.

[2] This could be done, but overall the current system doesn't work poorly either, this seems more preference than a functional change.  (I disagree on doing this primarily because I don't feel it will bring additional function, and could consume time changing something that is unecessary).

[3] They could rework the system, for items that are part of a longer tree(s) to show what the item will be used in next.  For many frame BPs this will indicate that you require all 3 pieces completed + the frame BP.  For weapons it could indicate that you can use, or the item can be used in other BPs.

(Again while some of this could be nice, honestly for the more likely of the confusing BP's simply putting a heading over warframe pieces that there are additional pieces and an additional BP required would be enough for the time being).  On a whole, I agree that something should/could be done to make the foundry work better.

[4] I disagree, even a test of the weapon unranked or ranked will not give you full appreciation of a weapon, you may not be modding it properly etc there is a number of reasons why a weapon may not perform the way you want.  Doing some reading before hand if the credits to acquire said weapon are that important to save.

Lack of will for using 5% of braincells and laziness worries me these days....

While I agree that some of the OP's desires can be solved through the user putting in some thought or effort and some may see it as lazy.  Some like to sit down and play a game for the enjoyment, some of this stuff is just quality of life improvements that should be inherent to good design.  Even if it can be figured out on your own, shouldn't mean when someone asks for some changes just to make things more streamline or intuitive that they should be called stupid.

After all it should be a video game that's pretty easy to pickup and play, the UI menu's shouldn't confuse people or cause frustration when some small changes can easily solve this.  Not that the UI's are overly difficult in any fashion to navigate but they should never be the reason why people are turned away from a game, thats just bad design.  Thankfully is open-beta so this is the time for all these things to be resolved.

Also, all of these seem more like UI suggestions/feedback, not gameplay.  This may not be the proper forum section for this.

Edited by Enot83