Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lower Plat Prices By 10 Bucks, Make Bank!

Xenogear

sheesh.. 10k... X_X that's pretty intense.

Well in a game where most people spend a hundred or more a month just to hunt in hopes of making a profit that's peanuts.

Warframe just lacks a golden carrot and after the Glaive fiasco I sure wont buy any exclusives here.

Well in a game where most people spend a hundred or more a month just to hunt in hopes of making a profit that's peanuts.

Warframe just lacks a golden carrot and after the Glaive fiasco I sure wont buy any exclusives here.

What exactly is the " Glaive Fiasco " ? 

//Puts on my tinfoil hat.

The reason why they have priced the plat packages that high is to make newcomers cater more towards the Founder packages, which in essence is a win-win situation for both parties. You get more bangs for your bucks - compared to the current plat packages, that is. And DE can receive their paychecks.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lowered the plat prices when the Founder program goes offline and game goes officially released.

Keep in mind there is no incentive to keep spending month after month in this game. So the argument of lower plat prices is somewhat void unless they introduce 500-800p worth of new stuff month after month to spend it on. Most players only need to spend a limited amount to have slots and upgrades as you can farm the rest. There is not much else you really NEED to spend plat for this point. Also after you buy the latest and greatest items with plat you are likely to regret it as the BP will probably drop the next day. Having this happen to me it's unlikely i'll ever spend plat to have any weapons early again. So basically we buy plat for two reasons to get things without waiting or to support the developers.

I never spent a dime on Global Agenda because I got sick of them catering only to the Elitest pricks. Enjoyed the PVP matches greatly but hated the developers for centering the competitive PVP play so only a few clans could participate. However with this game so far I've not seen that garbage hence they get my support. But to say i'm going to spend month after month even if it was just $10 for things I'd rather earn would be a lie. If they lowered the price for revives that's something which could provide a steady revenue stream. Along with exclusives like the colors that you cannot earn any other way and F2P can't get the same benefit as those who pay. I see no need to spend money in order to provide everyone else with equal or greater benefits.

The trick to a decent monetization scheme in a f2p is to not make it feel like a need. Feeling like you -need- to spend money puts people off, and ends up costing you more sales than it gets you. The monetization scheme in Warframe is actually quite good. It just needs more cosmetic type stuff and the alert system needs reworked to feel better. They'd be making even more money if purchases felt more natural and the alert system wasn't frustrating.

+1.

Warframe is great, but I feel they'll have to better emphasize the "micro" in their micro transactions before they make real money. I know I'm avoiding spending any money on this game until they lower the prices.

I think the problem lies in the pricing on some items, not on how much plat you get, because other things, like potatoes, are fine.

But 15-20$ for a frame is not a microtransaction. It's not something you buy on an impulse, thinking " it costs less than burger+fries!".  f2p games usually make money on THAT instict, giving the feeling of cheapness and good value for money, playing on the fact that purchase after purchase, you're not really keeping the count of it.

Lowering the price of plat is not the solution, the solution would be to lower the price on warframs and items by 15%.

Either way would be good, Ima add this to my original post.

Edited by Xenogear

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I would like lower prices, assuming I will buy plat in the near future. I've notice that the game doesn't provide a decent catalog of worthy consumables or visual customization in order to go for the micro, in micro-transactions. However, I'm fairly new. This is then an early opinion. Also, I'm comparing the "market" to that of Blacklight & Battlefield F2Ps.

I just don't see myself as buying or farming for all the warframes. Or even half of them. Weapon slots? maybe couple more. Weapons? maybe 1-3 more. I will buy the Ash frame if I the game appeals to me after I join a clan. Solo, specially for new player, has a lot of downsides. One of them, is the amount of side research I have to do for this game. It goes with what I did with Shogun 2: FotS. A game which is on a different level. (rts lvl)  The point being, there really isn't much to buy, regardless if the item has an alternative in which to get it for "free".