Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XP: Need help understanding!

Arkfall

Ok, so I have gone though entire missions using nothing but my melee weapon or pistol trying to level the accursed things..

Yet, there are time I won't even get exp, just bouns xp. What makes up bouns XP? where did my regular XP go? why is it so hard to level Melee and Pistol weapons? I got a Maxed Frame, 2 maxed Long Guns, yet not a single maxed Pistol or Melee weapon.

Guys, what am I doing wrong? Or is it like this for everyone?

It's like this for everyone. Someone said it was about hits on mobs, rather than finishing blows, that determines xp gain. Bonus I think is just from your stats, i.e. headshots per mission, accuracy, etc.

Wouldn't be too sure about that. I heard that too and decided to test it out. I tried simply hitting any enemy with a pistol and a melee weapon, in both cases nothing happened to the XP bar. However, when I did kill something with either then the XP bar flashed and moved up. It seems like the rate at which melee and secondary weapons level up is slower than primary. That or simply because the primary is used primarily to kill enemies and thus levels up faster.

Wouldn't be too sure about that. I heard that too and decided to test it out. I tried simply hitting any enemy with a pistol and a melee weapon, in both cases nothing happened to the XP bar. However, when I did kill something with either then the XP bar flashed and moved up. It seems like the rate at which melee and secondary weapons level up is slower than primary. That or simply because the primary is used primarily to kill enemies and thus levels up faster.

You're talking about during the mission compared to the total at the end though. What I said was about the end totals, although you're correct that xp isn't awarded until you get a kill.

Ah that explains it. Isn't XP shown during the Reward separate from what is gained during the mission? Because I've leveled up a weapon during a mission and it leveled up again through the Reward screen. And that was not counting bonus XP I think.

Ah that explains it. Isn't XP shown during the Reward separate from what is gained during the mission? Because I've leveled up a weapon during a mission and it leveled up again through the Reward screen. And that was not counting bonus XP I think.

That meter at the rewards screen is all kinds of whack. I think it represents the amount of xp you got relative to that level's requirements, even if you have, say, half the xp already.

They should probably send out a note about how H switches your view from right handed to left handed first.

There needs to be a much expanded Tutorial in general.. everything from How to gain/raise rank, menu controls, Inventory management Etc.

But back on topic, a memo about how XP is worked up would be a GREAT sticky for the fourms!