Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Troubling Trend In A Popular Mmo: Is This Just Me? Or Is There Something To This?

(PSN)THREEKLAW

This is something for the OP to ponder on. What I am about to say may seem angry, its not meant to be, moreover get people thinking and it may turn this whole thread on its head.

Its funny how you mention that bungie is copying warframes idea.

Lets take a moment to go back in time to when halo was first released quite some time ago.

It had 3 factions....

humans by extension the marines and super soldier program - the spartans the first of which was master chief. Gee I wonder what could be the same thing in warframe?

The covenant a large militaristic alien force.....-takes a good hard look at the grineer....

And finally the flood.....- now do I really need to draw a picture here? In fact the floods concept came from half life.

So the next question would be (seeing how the OP asked) has/did DE said to bungie "great game do you mind if we borrow some Ideas from it?

The point is really shouldn't you - the OP be asking DE if they did?

Also at the end of the day does it really matter? DE took a concept that someone else took from someone else and made it better.

Edited by (PS4)kombatchamp

IP law is very complicated when it comes to proving similarity. Many smaller companies do not have the resources or time to file legal grievances.

In my opinion, the companies who get caught up trying to protect their IP end up getting left in the dust while everyone else is innovating.

DE should take it as a compliment that such a huge studio with massive amounts of resources would copy their ideas.

You know you are doing something right....now don't make the mistake of copying them ;)

IP law is very complicated when it comes to proving similarity. Many smaller companies do not have the resources or time to file legal grievances.

In my opinion, the companies who get caught up trying to protect their IP end up getting left in the dust while everyone else is innovating.

DE should take it as a compliment that such a huge studio with massive amounts of resources would copy their ideas.

You know you are doing something right....now don't make the mistake of copying them ;)

Did you read my post? The one before yours.

This is a huge stretch. There's nothing original about a faction that converts others and forces them to fight for it. Star Trek did it 30 years before Warframe, and their faction has "OR" in it too. There's also nothing particularly original about Warframe's CTF that's different enough to consider another version plagiaristic towards it.

IMO Bungie utterly ruined what Destiny could have been.

Well seeing how that bungie had an established universe thanks to its halo series, they could have made it something really good. I never played destiny but I never believed the hype surrounding games.

As I came into the ps4 scene rather late, being an avid gamer since the 80's I have had NES, PSONE, ps2, still have my ps3. Warframe for me was a sleeper title. Started off with little media advertising and being released free there was no risk to gamers if it was a flop. Thankfully its not. It has improved dramatically and continues to evolve.

Edited by (PS4)kombatchamp