Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deaths And Death Blows: Dark Souls: Prepare To Die

Revel72

Like the Edition name says... Prepare to die indeed. I have now played nearly 30 hours of the game and I got to say that... Hell... The game is immersive and great. It is said to be dark fantasy game. And definitely it deserves it. I am a bit sad that other games doesn't have this kind of theme. Warframe had this dark atmosphere for a while and I got to say... I miss it a bit...

Anyway... I am still a Skyrim fan and it actually didn't take a lot of time to me to get attuned to how combat works on Dark Souls since I am quite patient and not really arrogant... Although feeling of being lonely... Weighs even more every time when I kill a tough enemy... And the black void inside of me grows even bigger on as I absorb souls of the tough enemy.

DkS combat > Skyrim  Elder Scrolls combat

As much as I would love it... No. I prefer to keep games as individuals.

I love how Dark Souls keeps me curious and be like a dog in forest constantly having nose near of the ground and sniffing to find something. Curiosity.

While Elder Scrolls has that strong fantasy game. Colorful and where you are strong at the end.

As much as I would love it... No. I prefer to keep games as individuals.

I love how Dark Souls keeps me curious and be like a dog in forest constantly having nose near of the ground and sniffing to find something. Curiosity.

While Elder Scrolls has that strong fantasy game. Colorful and where you are strong at the end.

Again, DkS combat > Elder Scrolls combat

ES keeps the same old 1 dimensional combat with almost no variation on it.

I remember some reviewers saying that the executions in Skyrim made the combat 10x better, but it doesn't. It's just a flashy thing that only happens during rare moments when the health of the enemy is really low.

DkS combat is evasive and is filled with a variety of ways to handle an opponent. 

The only thing the ES series does better are the mods.

Again, DkS combat > Elder Scrolls combat

ES keeps the same old 1 dimensional combat with almost no variation on it.

I remember some reviewers saying that the executions in Skyrim made the combat 10x better, but it doesn't. It's just a flashy thing that only happens during rare moments when the health of the enemy is really low.

DkS combat is evasive and is filled with a variety of ways to handle an opponent. 

The only thing the ES series does better are the mods.

I agree. That why I said Skyrim feels more of fantasy game with brighter colors while Dark Souls. Is much more darker but has a lot of potential.

Although I think there is quite a lot of reasons why Dark Souls is much more difficult to create mods to. Those executions/Power move in skyrim and Dark souls are pretty much icing on a cake at combat. I couldn't really pick good word for the riposte and backstab so I chose power move. Since most of the time back stabs and ripostes will not kill the enemy.

Although I think there is quite a lot of reasons why Dark Souls is much more difficult to create mods to. 

It's primarily because of the fact that DkS doesn't have a dedicated modding tool, unlike Bethesda with its creation tool, DkS is primarily just re-tex mods. 

Those executions/Power move in skyrim and Dark souls are pretty much icing on a cake at combat. I couldn't really pick good word for the riposte and backstab so I chose power move. Since most of the time back stabs and ripostes will not kill the enemy.

The thing is that the executions in Skyrim are just there to add in some flashy moves to the end of a fight, whereas in DkS, you use to gain a huge advantage over the enemy. It really helps you out if you pull of a riposte or even a backstab, whereas in Skyrim, the hit you were going to make would've killed the enemy regardless of whether there was an animation or not.

It's primarily because of the fact that DkS doesn't have a dedicated modding tool, unlike Bethesda with its creation tool, DkS is primarily just re-tex mods. 

The thing is that the executions in Skyrim are just there to add in some flashy moves to the end of a fight, whereas in DkS, you use to gain a huge advantage over the enemy. It really helps you out if you pull of a riposte or even a backstab, whereas in Skyrim, the hit you were going to make would've killed the enemy regardless of whether there was an animation or not.

I completely agree. I hope I will see a bit more dark souls kinds of games. Difficult but enjoyable.