Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Efficient Way To Rank Particular Mods? :o

Guest Hermaphrodite

Guest Hermaphrodite

Hello all.

My question here is what would be considered the most efficient and less costly way to rank up particular mods? I'v collected quiet a few after my Reset and so far i'v only been ranking the ones I use with duplicates of themselves * ex. Ammo Dump / Rush / Redirection / Fast Hands *.

What is the most efficient way to rank up mods that don't drop as often, with trading coming soon i'm unsure if I should be using a duplicate rare mod to upgrade it's counterpart , or using up my many fusion cores to rank up Rares instead, and keeping the duplicates.

I already understand most of the formula needed to rank mods, it's fairly easy, but there will be a market for most mods soon, so i'm trying to figure out what's my best solution, especially for rares.

Thanks!

Edited by Hermaphrodite

they have stressed how trading will be very limited and be from clan to clan.

my guess it will be dojo specific and mostly related to building it. and little else.

i tend to save the rare once and fuse ones with same polarity that i dont care about and fusion cores.

Assuming you have a rare mod

If;

An unrelated common mod is worth one;

A   common mod with the same polarity is worth 2,

An unrelated uncommon mod is worth 2

An uncommon mod with the same polarity is worth 4

An unrelated rare mod is worth 3

A   rare mod with the same polarity is worth 6

an identical rare mod is worth 12

on that scale, the first level takes 12 points, the next level takes 24, the third takes 48 and so on

This is why serration is so hard to level up

However, uncomon and common mods are easier to rank up

On this scale,

If a rare mod takes 12, an uncommon mod takes 8 and a common mod takes 4

Such that an identical mod will always rank up the mod you're fusing once, if they're both unranked.

One final thing for high level modders;

Each rank up of a mod adds 50% to the value of the mod.

So a rank 2 serration (Mods start at rank 0, then 1, then 2, etc)

Will be worth double the base value of the mod, making it worth 24 points if used on another serration, 12 if used on another mod with the same polarity or  6 on an unrelated mod.

However, given that it's taken 36 points to get it to this stage, it's not really an efficient means of modding.

This is only ever useful for underclocking mods.

So as a general rule, don't bother ranking up mods before using them as fusion fodder.

EDIT:

Actually, the previous point is relevant in one more situation;

For fusion cores,

there are Common 3, uncommon 5 and rare 5.

They are worth the value of a mod of the same polarity of the rarity respective to the fusion core rarity levelled up to the core's level.

So, a common 3 fusion core is worth the common mod value (2, since it's the same polarity) plus 150% of that, as it's rank 3. Making it worth 5

An uncommon fusion core is worth 4 + 250% = 10, just less than enough to rank up a rare mod.

A rare 5 fusion core is worth 6 + 250% = 15.5, more than enough to level up a rare mod one rank.

This is why fusion cores are so effecient at levelling up your mods.

Edited by NotaCobra

Typically I rank up in the following manner and find it fairly efficient (cant say how efficient it is though.)

Commons I mostly upgrade only with dupilcates (powers are often the exception).

Uncommons and Rares I use fusion cores for the first 2-3 ranks and duplicates after that.  I do this as I've found that eairly on the cores give the best bang per mod, while a little more expensive than duplicates when it comes to credits, the cost later for keeping those duplicates seems to even out.

Rarely do I upgrade with matching polarities or non-matching mods unless I need just a little bit more affinity to cap the level out from fusion cores.

Sure its likely not to get your mods ranked as fast, but thats not so much an issue for me, as I prefer to be a little underpowered in most cases.