The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Are Too "stun" Heavy

Kurohitsugi

It's starting to feel like Infested are getting too over-the-top with the ammount of stun/stagger attacks they do and it's far too easy to get stunlocked now which takes away alot of the fun, most of all the Ancient Disruptor which is far too overpowered since it knocks you over + drains all your shields AND energy with 1 attack which 99% of the time causes you to become surrounded by masses of other enemies that kill you instantly.

It would be nice to either lower their stun chance per attack or create a mod that gives us some form of stun resistance (upto a certain %). Also Distuptors really need to be changed so they only drain either your shield or energy or a lower percentage of either/both (100% is far too much) because having to run around like a headless chicken while trying to kite+kill a horde of infested with 0 energy just isn't a fun way to play, especially for people who don't have a sentinel to defend or recharge their shields.

Dude just put a stun mod on your sword.
Fight stun with stun. and also frost dmg slows them all dow even ther attacks.
SOOoooooo. Big &#! sword like the gram and those 2 mods and just start swiging normal and youl stun them slow them and kill them after a few hits.

I don't think the disruptor is op. Personally I enjoy taking on a group of 3 disruptors 2 toxics and a healer now. The only thing imo that should be fixed for the ancients is their "lock-on" attack that can still hit you even if you are invisible (whether it's ghost or Loki's invisibility, and I've heard the same for Ash but I can't confirm because I don't have him)

I agree that disrupters are far, far too powerful. Draining 150 energy and 700 shields in a single hit? NOT balanced in any form.

And as for the stuns... Yeah, those are a bit over the top. A group of five chargers gets close, and you're staggered so constantly you can't do S#&$ to fight back. I almost always have to use a Slash Dash just to escape, as they will even stagger you in mid air and cancel a jump attack.

I agree that disrupters are far, far too powerful. Draining 150 energy and 700 shields in a single hit? NOT balanced in any form.

And as for the stuns... Yeah, those are a bit over the top. A group of five chargers gets close, and you're staggered so constantly you can't do S#&$ to fight back. I almost always have to use a Slash Dash just to escape, as they will even stagger you in mid air and cancel a jump attack.

spam space and when you jump, use the melee smash. they'll get staggered and you'll be able to just roll out. works for me most of the time.

spam space and when you jump, use the melee smash. they'll get staggered and you'll be able to just roll out. works for me most of the time.

You can be staggered in midair while performing a jump attack.

Edited by A5PECT

You can't always know where all the enemies are, Disruptors are OP cause all it takes is one hit and you're screwed. One might "sneak" up on you when you're not expecting it and you're completely screwed.

They are not OP as in a single one or even 2-3 of them are any real threat if you see them coming, but you don't always do that. Them draining all your energy is OP, one second you might have the situation under control, the next you're out of energy and the cryopod is about to get swarmed. GG.

It's starting to feel like Infested are getting too over-the-top with the ammount of stun/stagger attacks they do and it's far too easy to get stunlocked now which takes away alot of the fun, most of all the Ancient Disruptor which is far too overpowered since it knocks you over + drains all your shields AND energy with 1 attack which 99% of the time causes you to become surrounded by masses of other enemies that kill you instantly.

It would be nice to either lower their stun chance per attack or create a mod that gives us some form of stun resistance (upto a certain %). Also Distuptors really need to be changed so they only drain either your shield or energy or a lower percentage of either/both (100% is far too much) because having to run around like a headless chicken while trying to kite+kill a horde of infested with 0 energy just isn't a fun way to play, especially for people who don't have a sentinel to defend or recharge their shields.

If you are being stun locked, you are doing it wrong. It should only happen sometimes and not very often. Stay away from them. Treat Infested like a game of death ball. You also have a mod called Handspring. Against Infested it is excellent. As soon as you go down, you get up again. 

It isn't the Infested that needs changing. Its you and some of the maps. Infested are so much fun. Always having to be on the move and be aware of sneaky Ancients sliding around looking to steal energy or poison you to death.

There are videos on Youtube of how to help deal with Infested. Take a look. You'll see they are by far the most fun faction to play against. 

all you have to do is keep moving... they dont have ranged attacks...

That doesn't always work. I've seen Ancients bug out and start gliding across the floor faster than they normally run and I swear they're unaffected by the freeze damage mods when it happens.

You can't always know where all the enemies are, Disruptors are OP cause all it takes is one hit and you're screwed. One might "sneak" up on you when you're not expecting it and you're completely screwed.

They are not OP as in a single one or even 2-3 of them are any real threat if you see them coming, but you don't always do that. Them draining all your energy is OP, one second you might have the situation under control, the next you're out of energy and the cryopod is about to get swarmed. GG.

I agree with this a 100%, I don't think Disrutors are op when you see them or when you fight them, its those moments when they come out of nowhere and drain your whole shield and your energy, one can really ruin a defense mission(more so when you are soloing) and that's when I say they are op, honestly I think they need to have a cap on how much they can drain per hit.

Edited by theangelbelow88

That doesn't always work. I've seen Ancients bug out and start gliding across the floor faster than they normally run and I swear they're unaffected by the freeze damage mods when it happens.

I find it odd that when normal units catch fire they sometimes have a small stun animation were they flail on fire but Ancients can be in this state yet still be doing "their charge attack skill" and move at normal running rate, it looks weird and buggy.

When I see an ancient I focus on it, and run back if it begins to rush me. Often it will swing and miss.

The infested are a hoard mob. They're designed to rush you so you need crowd control or need to back track and funnel them. If you're getting hit by ancients too much then you're probably standing in the wrong spot. 

Hah.... people will complain about whatever they want. Personally the most balanced faction right now is the infested. most OP right now is high level grenieer. I just can't help but find myself chucking at these type of threads in a PVE game, it gets things nerfed that don't need to be.

#Nervosneverforget

Edited by Skepsis

I think the best thing they could do would be to fix the jump stagger issue.  ...and maybe the collision with enemies that stops you from landing and doing your smash.  That's pretty bad.

Seriously, how do you get staggered in the air!?  If anything, you should get knocked over...  which is somewhat more brutal, but it makes sense.

Their a pain solo,I get forced onto a box and spend the rest of my time in the mission either on that box,or running back to it,till i run out of ammo and try to melee the 5-10 insane rapid dogs chasing me.

This last one i just did before checking to see if it was just me having a hard time with them,I ran out of both primary and secondary ammo,and they where still coming,and i hadn't made it past the 3rd section.And i wasn't just randomly firing into the crowds,I would drag them to my little box and shoot them in the head one by one,till an ancient showed up,would unload my primary into it and switch back to pistol for the dogs.

It's probably because i am playing solo,so no back up,but the multiplayers i have been in have all been rush jobs,no fun at all.

Being cornered by some chargers and a disruptor behind them? Bad idea. I hate it.

But other than the laser door BS, I rather have this and deal with it accordingly. The cryo ammo is something I highly value for use against any faction - especially against Infested.

If you happen to jump on a crate they're rather sitting ducks.

You have a gun.

They don't.

How are you being stun locked?

In all seriousness, if you just kite them, don't let yourself get sorrounded, and play smart, they can't stunlock you.

That said, stun locking and melee combat is the infested's niche.

It's what they're there for.

Just as corpus are a pain at range, grineer have a wider variety of troops, infested are melee based and very disruptive.

Use the melee/ranged weapons that make them either, not explode on death so they don't stagger you, or get melee weapons that do the same. There is a wiki page that lists which weapons do this. There are also weapons that have 'momentum', once you are swinging them, it will continue the swing until the animation completes-basically allowing you to wade through packs of them. There are also weapons that do as much as 3x damage to infested, these are also listed on the wiki.