Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Experience Problem

Blazkrill

The past few days I realized that the experience you get while using melee isnt shared with the experience you're on hand weapon. I remember being able to level up my viper while only using my twin zorens but when i got my twin vipers it doesnt get the same experience as before. Please explain why. 

Uhh, you sure? Because I can go through missions using only melee and still get some exp towards my secondary and primary weapon. Now it really doesn't' do much since I only have melee weapons to max, and I haven't touched the Grakata yet, but it still works, it's not going to give you the FULL amount, if that's what you meant.

I always thought XP was shared between users, cuz it seems when my cell is using a lot of melee even if I don't I get a lot of melee XP, same with primary, secondary guns, and sentinels.

Maybe you're just unlucky in your groupings?

Nah I usually play alone in Private. I do get some exp but like 149 instead of 1000++ while my melee is getting 5000++ which is how i leveled up my vipers before. 

Edit: let me put it this way:

Using melee to level up weapons

Before - weapon that I want to level gets 1000++ while the melee weapon im using gets 5000++
Now - weapon that I want to level gets 100-200 while the same melee weapon gets the same 5000++ 

Edited by Blazkrill

You guys seem to be misunderstanding how xp is distributed.

In solo you only get xp for what you use. You will not get pistol xp while using melee for example.

In a group all of your teammates xp is divided evenly among your weapons, it does not matter at all what they use.

I only used rifle in this match. The pistol and melee xp is identical. You can repeat this easily. (The proof is that it's next to impossible for them to use pistol and melee in identical amounts.)

warframe.x64+2013-05-15+07-14-15.jpg

Edited by Akivoodoo

You guys seem to be misunderstanding how xp is distributed.

In solo you only get xp for what you use. You will not get pistol xp while using melee for example.

In a group all of your teammates xp is divided evenly among your weapons, it does not matter at all what they use.

I only used rifle in this match. The pistol and melee xp is identical. You can repeat this easily. (The proof is that it's next to impossible for them to use pistol and melee in identical amounts.)

warframe.x64+2013-05-15+07-14-15.jpg

Thing is this is how I leveled up my weapons. I know that being in a group levels it faster but Im not fond of playing in a group.