Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Master Forma Solution

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

I don't mean any offense, but this doesn't do much but give us another carrot on a stick to run after, and nothing to alleviate the monotony of Weapon / Mastery grind. 

We're still going to need to run a lot of frames and weapons we don't want to, through an agonizingly slow XP race that is only lessened by Draco and / or affinity boosters, while stomaching the redundant modding system and it's mandatory damage mods and meta element combos. 

While your proposal incentivizes players to grind and chug along it doesn't alleviate any of it. It just gives us one more wall to hurdle, another step in the gear power creep. It's not radical, it's more of the same, unfortunately. 

Exactly.   It's as if we're being forced to forma things.  XD

Argh, yes, i was thinking about too many things at the same time... "Excavations" was what i wanted to say.

Either way, the discussion is not about how easy it is to relevel after forma. It's about the monotony of doing the exact same thing over and over again, while not getting a proportional reward. If I play the game a lot and I am MR 19, does that mean I should still have to grind my way through each of my 1000 forma?

We are just trying to find a way to make the game feel more satisfactory and less boring and repetitive while also giving players actual incentive to rank up all weapons, frames and other items in the game. Currently, other than completionists (which I must admit I am), not everyone wants to be an MR 19 or 20, or just doesn't have the incentive to go for it.

Either way, the discussion is not about how easy it is to relevel after forma. It's about the monotony of doing the exact same thing over and over again, while not getting a proportional reward. If I play the game a lot and I am MR 19, does that mean I should still have to grind my way through each of my 1000 forma?

We are just trying to find a way to make the game feel more satisfactory and less boring and repetitive while also giving players actual incentive to rank up all weapons, frames and other items in the game. Currently, other than completionists (which I must admit I am), not everyone wants to be an MR 19 or 20, or just doesn't have the incentive to go for it.

This.

Has DE said anything about forma yet?

Not that I've seen. Thanks for bringing up this idea, I've shared it with my friends and they love it as well. Also thanks for the edit mentioning the dual polarity thread from Dark Ruler, that thread went completely under my radar and I do agree it fits in nicely.

Now I will be sharing that thread as well! Hopefully DE implements this.

Not that I've seen. Thanks for bringing up this idea, I've shared it with my friends and they love it as well. Also thanks for the edit mentioning the dual polarity thread from Dark Ruler, that thread went completely under my radar and I do agree it fits in nicely.

Now I will be sharing that thread as well! Hopefully DE implements this.

I hope so too.

I like this but 1 weapon rank with 1 mastery rank is a bit low imo. maybe each forma the weapon will reset to a higher level ? for example it's capped at mr 15 so when u forma a weapon 1st time it will reset to rank 15 maximum even if ur mr 20 or something. then the next forma it's rank 20 then 25 then 30. so that's free forma after you re-level the weapon 4 times. not too easy and not as painful as before imo.

I like this but 1 weapon rank with 1 mastery rank is a bit low imo. maybe each forma the weapon will reset to a higher level ? for example it's capped at mr 15 so when u forma a weapon 1st time it will reset to rank 15 maximum even if ur mr 20 or something. then the next forma it's rank 20 then 25 then 30. so that's free forma after you re-level the weapon 4 times. not too easy and not as painful as before imo.

I don't think that would work quite as well.