Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Mod And Improvement Suggestions

unmog

I know theres a lot of people excited about the new paris specific mod that turns arrows into explosions, and even though I haven't got it yet I really want one. But in that same train of thought I was playing around with the glaive I just recently built and I just got this idea. Not sure if its been suggested or not but here goes.

Wouldn't it be cool if...

... we had a mod for the glaive that made it home in on nearby enemies some once we throw it? And as we level it up when it bounces off an enemy instead of being randomly bouncing around it bounces toward another nearby enemy? So every time you level it up it'd aim at another enemy nearby before coming back to you.

Now I was talking to my friend about the specifics of this and we figure maybe it doesn't home in on the first enemy, that way you could still take precise aim and try lining up a headshot with it which I love doing. And maybe each bounce extends its "range" or "return timer" by a little bit or something so it has time to actually bounce around a little more before returning to you.

We was also thinking that currently maybe the glaive should just slice through enemies instead of bouncing around normally, or it should just return back after hitting one like a boomerang so you can get it faster to throw it again. I also saw on the forum someone mentioned maybe being able to melee while it's bouncing around, like punching and kicking or something a little bit. I thought that was a cool idea too, so just figured I'd throw it in as well.

I don't know, I like the idea behind a knockback effect and could even see lower damage than other melee weapons since well, you dont have one. I wouldn't say Martial Arts for a space ninja though is a "desperation" attack.

What about the idea of the glaive mod though? Expected more people would be interested, guess the glaive ain't cool anymore...

No only one of those is a mod suggestion, the others are ideas to improve it.

Mod= homing ability after it hits an enemy to bounce at another enemy

Imp1= Ability to pass through enemies in a line without said mod

Imp2= Ability to make unarmed attacks while waiting for it to return

@xGryphus

I missed that livestream I guess, did they give any kind of details about the mod/s for it?

Edited by unmog

Let me rephrase my comment.

You want your ranged melee weapon to have no downside (kung-fu while thrown), kill bunches of mobs in a row (penetrates all the time, how silly of me to think it a mere mod), and not require aiming other than facing mostly the right way (homing, as a mod).

Wouldn't it be cool to kill entire maps by holding E for a few seconds and doing knockback/down on everything around? No.

The glaive is great as-is and already pushing the stupid boundary. I like the glaive but how is what you are asking for not an IWIN button?

Edit. Forgot to add - no ammo, doesn't drain stamina badly, can replace all firearms if not for the lack of kung fu, able to kill multiple targets with practice, polarity mods that cover the two things you will want on it by default....

Edited by Sagonene

It does have a downside, severe lack of dps compared to other melee weapons which swing much faster. Especially right now where it bounces off enemies inconsistantly making it almost impossible to line up multiple hit. And dont forget theres several melee weapons which hits areas already in front of you or around you.

Even if they didnt change how the weapon itself behaves allowing you to hit groups easier [which they should considering how other melee weapons don't have this issue] or allow you to melee when it was out, the mod idea seemed cool.

Considering your post though I guess you dont actually use the glaive much and are trolling me... thanks for bothering to comment on the mod idea though. Oh wait, you didnt really. Because as you said... it's perfect as it is already right? Its not like this is game is in beta or anything could ever be improved on or anything :p *shakes head* Good day to you Sir. :p