Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Drops/loot On High Waves

Lexandro-EGT-

Hello,

for sure I am not the only one who is borred in the end game of Warframe.

I absolutly understand that this wonderful game is in open beta and that there are at the moment other things more important for the developers like a tutorial for new players, balancing, new maps etc...

For players who have already everything done what could be done and search for a challenge are the defense missions.

The problem is that you get nothing interesting for this work. I think the most of you guys know how annoying it is to go till wave 25+ and get on every 5 waves every time "Hellfire".... From wave 15 on there drops less mods, ammo, energy etc.

So if you want to farm easy credits, then do on pluto defense till wave 5 and quit. For no work you get 4600 credits....

If you need mods, then go till wave 15. Maybe better on Xini than on Palus (as an example for Infested). 

I am writing this post because I had an hour ago again such a defense mission:

Palus on Pluto. Playing with a Frost, Excalibur, Saryn and Vaubun (me). For sure not the best constelation but we wanted to go as far as we could. The reward on wave 5 was Banshee System BP. Everybody had it so we went on. Every 5 waves  after that we could choose to take "Hellfire" or "Streamline". So we fought all the way till wave 50, and it was a hard fight ~level 230 ancients are not funny any more. Now guess what we got as a reward on wave 50! Again Banshee System BP............................  We accepted and didn't want to go further... You get on wave 50 also "just" the 4600 credits like on wave 5. You get every second wave one or two mods. And I mean no good mods, not even a rare one.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006634100/screenshots/

I am still searching for example for Thunderbolt, and the devs said that the droprate is higher on mobs over level 20. So why isn't the drop rate higher on mobs at lvl 100 or even 200???  

It would be easy for the devs to use the defense missions especially the high waves for players who can accomplish it . A "sweetener" like better and more rare mods (like the 3 new mods), more credits or something else.

What do you guys think about the drop rate in high waves? Maybe you got better ideas than me to appeal players for high waves.

Edited by Lexandro

An idea that's been floated around is to make rewards stack.

So, at wave 50, you don't get Banshee Systems BP. You get:

-Banshee system BPs (2)

-Hellfire (4)

-Streamline (4)

Assuming you got Streamline and Hellfire every other wave. Better, though not as much as it seems you want.

But even to that, yes. DE says that mods do not drop MORE at high levels, only have a higher chance to be uncommon/rare. But with the longer kill times due to high enemy HP, that's really not enough.

But even to that, yes. DE says that mods do not drop MORE at high levels, only have a higher chance to be uncommon/rare. But with the longer kill times due to high enemy HP, that's really not enough.

You are right. Not even that I have to fight like crazy to kill all this totally overpowered ancients on hight waves, taking 5minutes per wave.. I only get mods like: vitality for my sentinel or trick mag for pistol  -.-  There are not dropping more uncommon/rare mods  :-/