Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expanding Shared Affinity

DitsyPixie

Since the devs apparently want to encourage teamwor it would make sense to punish players who completely ignore or actively try to grieve the team.

Since right shared affinity right now is one of the major mechanics to encourage team work here's some ideas how this could be expanded upon:

- basically like the opposite of sharing and gaining more affinity when sticking together there should be a penalty rate if one strays to far from the team, like reducing the affinity gain by 50% Ofc the distance would need to be fairly far to avoid punishing players who just try to take high priority threat or similar.

- give a bonus rate to players who stay near objecties in (mobile/) defense. This should scale if less players actually defend. I'm gonna take kiste as an example since grineer mobile defense is popular and you run into this problem there fairly often

With a team that sticks together near the objective in my experience you can get around 9-10k frame affinity and 4-5k weapon category affinity, while if the team runs wildy around and kills mobs at the opposite terminal and other far places and you are the sole "idiot" who actually defends and takes care of all the stragglers you're likely to end with 1.2-1.4k weapon category affinity, I'm not rly sure about frame affinity anymore.

The objective affinity bonus could scale like this 3 players defending: *2 rate; 2 defenders: *4 rate; 1 defender: *6 rate

Since the grievers tend to be high mastery players who don't care about affinity anyway (calling them grievers is not an overstatement, they get called upon and fully admit to "just d*cking around" or how amused they are that ppl are annoyed with them) the penalty won't really affect them but at least the other players will get a net increase in affinity.

Before anyone states the obvious this will never be an issue if you never play in pugs, but guess what a lot of starters will before possibly joining a crew or sometimes you just want to throw in a quick round before you have to leave and don't have the time to set up a session.

An issue, though-I've run missions with my clan, we all work together. Then we get a Spy bonus. We, being tactical minded, split the group-two going back to pick up the datamasses there, two forward to get the others. Saves time, is great, but ruins decent affinity gain.

The issue is, relying on people to be close encourages basic, shoot and cover gameplay, but expanding Affinity gain encourages (or at least avoids punishing) tactical gameplay.

Yes, the objective bonus rate should also be adapted to spy data masses and hostages. Since splitting up in teams of 2*2 makes sense for spy and sabotage missions it were great if the shared affinity would take that in consideration, though I'm not sure how high the rate would need to be so that this type of tactical play doesn't get punished.