Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Sos (New Matchmaking / Mission Mechanic)

Lightsmith

Inspired by bob6784558's topic

I think this idea will work best with the new Solar Map.

While logged in to the game players may get contacted by an ally Lotus, Maroo, Darvo or w.e. This is not a mailbox message but a popup dialog.

This is a very short personal alert. It does not show up on the map (optionally it could) it is only available for 5 minutes (or less). It only triggers while you are in a position to start a mission, I.e. not in a mission or Dojo.

Running this mission will yield a bonus of some sort, double credit mission reward, increased reward quality, extra reward, etc. It will only benefit that one player, not the rest of the team (unless they were also directed there via communication).

There is a max number of these types of "Tenno SOS" a player can do in a day. Rewards can chain so the first time you do it you get an affinity bonus for completing the mission. Second time you get credit reward bonus, etc.

Purpose: DE could add a system where of a node has a low player count but a person is attempting to do it but can't find a group (through Matchmaking) requests are sent to other players at random. As a result the solar map becomes more saturated and people trying to run less used maps get assistance.

Bonuses

1st: bonus to mission end affinity gain.

2nd: bonus to mission credit reward

3rd: bonus fusion core (scale based on mission difficulty)

4th: bonus rare resource (based on planet)

5th: bonus Tower Key (based on mission difficulty.

The rewards could be specific to each run or compound, so on your third SOS you get affinity, credits and the fusion core.

After the last SOS (5th in the above example) the player does not get SOS requests and bonuses until the following day (daily reset).

This daily SOS may be MR locked for MR 6-10 or something so a player doesn't get an SOS when they can't handle the map.

Edited by Lightsmith

I'd love this. But I would rather the player in trouble sends out an s.o.s and people who sign up for the 'sos' program are selected at random to receive a message and invite. But only if we are not in the dojo and not in a mission as the op stated.

Computers would do a very bad job getting people help through a node as it would assume everyone is having trouble with Draco.

I'd rather not get random invites. I already get enough of those from normal players.

Its not really an invite, its just a blurb that says help needed on X. But maybe an option to disable it if people don't care about getting items.