Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Got Good Writing Prompts?

MageMeat

I have nothing to do at the moment other than manage an RP thread and seriously evaluate my novel, for both of which I've little activity at the moment.

Shoot me a writing prompt. Silly, serious, scary, whatever. If it tickles my fancy, I might do a few paragraphs for it.

An innocent person getting involved in a secret war because he wore a special necklace.

And people called me prissy for wearing it.

This necklace was a family heirloom, though I didn't know it was until just a week ago, when I opened the box that my great-grandfather had always told his kids about.

I still remember my grandpa's words echoing in my mind. My old man, he was always going on about how we should never open the box.

According to what my family's told me, I'm the first person in five generations to wear it. Worse still, I only wore it for some ten seconds, until I looked in a mirror, got mocked by my sister and put it back.

And then the box tore itself open and the largest gem shot out a portal into a forest full of bodies.

"Enter," it told me. "Else we will devour your souls."

Naturally, I didn't really take it seriously.

At least until my sister's eyes disintegrated and she crumpled into nothingness.

"We told you." It seemed to find the situation mildly amusing. "Now enter. We've a father to rebel against and lacking in footsoldiers."

I stood, unsure of what to do other than perhaps run out of the house and never come back.

"I'm waiting," it says in a sudden change of tone. I scowled and entered.