Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc

Primordus_

Hey guys

I bought a new pc few months ago, ( Nvidia GTX980 & I7 4790k ). im having problems with core temperature, it goes 90+ when i Overclock, it came with medion heatsink ( this is my pc http://www.cdiscount.com/informatique/achat-pc-ordinateur/medion-pc-de-bureau-gamer-erazer-x5361-e-b321-fr/f-107082403-medionb321.html )

so im thinking of buying an liquid cooler ( h80i, h100i or nepton120xl ), h100i seems good but  i don't know much about coolers, h100i isn't compatible with my case but if its better than  others, i'll go with it. 

anyone using similar coolers ? which one is good ? or are liquid coolers  better than air coolers ?

I'm using the Corsair H110i GT and yes liquid cooling will always be better than air cooling in 99.9% of situations.
Also when you say 90+ is that C or F?

Seems to me you're overclocking it beyond the limitations of air cooling,
I'd be careful... You don't want to damage any components in your new PC.

yes, 90c, when i play armored warfare it hits 90c (OC), room temp was like 30-33c. i stopped overclocking now, 

is h100i better than h80i ? what's your high temp when OC ?

90c... Jeez. You should have set the CPU back to default settings AS SOON as you saw 90c nevermind asking on forums... Especially core temp, considering core temps are usually lower than the actual CPU socket temp which I'm guessing with 90c core temps was probably hovering around 100c.

If you want to overclock, which with a decent PC like you have you really shouldn't need to, then 100% get some liquid cooling installed ASAP.

EDIT - My core temps very rarely go beyond 40c even under full load [Depends on the ambient room temp]

I would also suggest when overclocking you do it bit by bit and after each incremental increase you run a stress test to find a stable and reliable overclock for your machine.

Edited by Kamachi

90c... Jeez. You should have set the CPU back to default settings AS SOON as you saw 90c nevermind asking on forums... Especially core temp, considering core temps are usually lower than the actual CPU socket temp which I'm guessing with 90c core temps was probably hovering around 100c.

If you want to overclock, which with a decent PC like you have you really shouldn't need to, then 100% get some liquid cooling installed ASAP.

EDIT - My core temps very rarely go beyond 40c even under full load [Depends on the ambient room temp]

I would also suggest when overclocking you do it bit by bit and after each incremental increase you run a stress test to find a stable and reliable overclock for your machine.

Actually i didn't OC, it was my Pc's default settings, i don't OC now but still 75-80c temp, im going to buy a H100i cooler,

Thank you guys :)