Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daylight\Sunlight

Aichan

I like this idea. I think great in areas were you can blow out windows becuase then if the windows do get destoryed and have to close the shutters which means no more sunlight which I think might have an impact on the player. But in the end I think this idea should be used sparingly that way the player takes notice more often.

I love this. Flashes, ambience light and lens flare are already well implemented to create dynamic visuals in this game.

Outside light is a great addition to that.

Not to mention you could use it to add depth to alerts. F.e. "rescue X before ship crashes into terminal orbit around sun". (of course there'd be no timer, but the searing lights outside the ship's windows will deliver an immediate sense of urgency and tense atmosphere.)

I'm thinking a space ship in Warframe's time would try to minimize the amount of light coming with something like tinted glass. Sun would still be an interesting idea because each map through a window you can see or get an idea of how far away the sun is depending on what system is being played..

When playing missions at Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars this might make sense (although not to the level of bloomy brightness you put unless you're at Mercury or Venus). However any further out and the sun most likely wouldn't have that level of brightness.

The thing is it would require changes to the level generator and some dynamic lighting additions. I really do like the idea of variable outdoor brightness depending on the planet you're at, but there are a lot more pressing things that the devs should work on first.

I like the idea! Ships orbiting close to the sun with a blinding glare filling the rooms is an awesome concept, and i believe its easy to implement as well. Just adding more light sources right outside the windows

Maybe even creatures inside rooms with windows will take damage until the shields are lowered through hacked console terminal.

A fast trick that gives another way to visually differentiate levels. +1 all the way!

Lol, looks like the epic bloom artifacting I get with light bloom enabled. Perhaps if the sun rotated around the vessel such that it temporarily obstructed your view on occasion by overlighting an area, after all, suns can be quite bright up close.

Bit too bright, honestly.

Make your character all white and stand in a light with bloom on. That's too bright.

Seriously though, wouldn't the windows have sun filters? If the windows get broken the sun could scorch you though. On near-solar planets (mercury etc...), it would make sense to have the glare that high.

Removing all the dust and crap that flies past the ship would be nice, there aren't any huge dust clouds in our system.

It's too bright in your edits, BUT the idea is great.

And I would really enjoy having a nearby sun shine brightly into some areas!

It would create some nice variation in visuals at only the cost of some dynamic lights and a sun visual!

Edited by Sherbniz

there's nothing to diffuse and reflect the light in space, so to have "daylight" levels of brightness in space makes no sense. once they implemented planetary environments, daylight would be fine.

its not supposed to be diffused by atmosphere. The ship in those enviroments is so close to the sun that it obscures entire window and light scatters on radiation filter in windows. Thats the way i see it.