Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"style Kill Affinity Bonus" Akin To Stealth Kill Bonus

Brucely

Just as we have an XP bonus to encourage stealth play, I think we ought to have an XP bonus to encourage "style play". 

We've got this movement update coming, with all sorts of wall latching, wall running (I hope.), wall jumping, and we already have sliding and diving (jump in any direction, aim, you dive while shooting, The Matrix, John Woo, etc. etc.).

Sliding/diving around a corner or wall running to take down enemies is a good time; it would be even better to be rewarded for it. The incentive to kill in this way will promote the use of these systems as more than just mobility tools. Overall, the encouraged/rewarded use of these systems will lead to much more exciting combat mechanics, rather than having just the bare bone mechanics of every shooter (forward, backward, strafe, crouch, hop, ADS, fire).

I know there's that RNG-rolled, occasional achievement/challenged presented on each session, for "kills while sliding", but that's just not enough. 

I think the XP bonus should work similarly to the stealth kill bonus, in that streaks increase the bonus to a certain ceiling, and there's a time limit to keep the streak going, and that there's a ceiling. For the sake of e-peen satisfaction, I think there should be a counter for the number of style kills you get in a row, and a counter in your player profile (I think stealth kills should get this too). Furthermore, I think the stealth and style kill bonuses should be stackable.

Finally, if this concept is to be implemented, I think a few buffs/additions to the "style" movement are necessary; namely, a 1.5x increase to default slide distance, a 1.5x increase to default dive height and distance, momentum calculations to further increase slide/dive height and distance, and the ability to dive into a slide.

I think that's about it.

Just for kicks, imagine playing Zephyr (with her air resistance/floatiness) diving into bounce pad, or through an escape velocity wormhole, and just soaring through the air, Aksomati blazing, enemies dying, bonus XP to ease up that grind.

Plz DE.

EDIT: I forgot Archwing. Yes, there is a "slide" maneuver in Archwing (And yes, I care about Archwing, though I still think it was a misallocation of resources :P). It's quite cool, really. Works and activates like regular slide, but instead in space! So you're drifting, and you can look around and shoot stuff w/o changing direction, and you should be maintaining all your momentum because physics and stuff, but for some reason DE coded it so you lose momentum. That needs to go, and an affinity bonus for kills done while drifting needs to be added.

Edited by Brucely

IDK about damage, but I'm not against it. The main merit I had in mind would be the XP bonus, but now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind a reload speed bonus, without invalidating any mods of course.

You could also ask, but why have a stealth kill bonus? I don't think that sort of question/criticism holds water, but if it did, my response would be that Draco is going bye-bye in the new starchart. Maybe there will be a new Draco, maybe not. Either way, why not have a stealth/style kill affinity bonus?