Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magic Teleporting Teammates? Let's Make It More Realistic.

Menticide-Nyx

You know when you start a mission, and you're running and shooting your way through the levels, and then..

Random tenno has connected

Other players that join you just spawn right next to you. If Tenno have the ability to teleport, why bother using ships?

I propose a more realistic way of bringing new players into existing game sessions (and a variety of ways to start missions) (This is kind of like in left 4 dead when a player respawns in a room yelling for help)

1. Have connecting players spawn by dropping through a vent (like in the beginning of missions). They arrived  onto the ship after you, and found their way to you.

2. Spawn them in a small, 2-door room or elevator, cut scene of player running from small room into level.

3. wishful thinking Cut scene of player blowing up wall, running in to level guns blazing.

I realize that just spawning new players next to me is probably easier and less work, but this would add to immersion and would be nice.

Because defying gravity, spitting in the face of physics and conservation of matter, and magical lightning dildoes is TOTALLY realistic.

Now, to get onto the actual subject and stop expressing my cynical side, I think Option 1 is the easiest and best option...

Edited by fishworshipper

Hm. This is one of those things where I think trying to make it more immersive might actually make it less immersive. They can't drop into a vent near you because you might be in an outdoor map, in which case the vent would spawn midair and that would look odd. Not all rooms have vents above your head, either - there are caves, etc... And spawning them at the start would make the player have to waste time catching up with you, and if you're playing Loki that might never happen.

If there's a cutscene, that would probably annoy players who are mid-battle who are suddenly forced into a cutscene, too.

Well then why not some sort of "teleport blink"? After all, a number of warframes already have a teleport function of some sort. Who's not to say that the ship they infiltrate on is not equiped with a large scale device and cannot zero in on a tenno signal and teleport reinforcements (albeit small # of troops or 1 kick &#! warframe) into the fray beside another?

Well then why not some sort of "teleport blink"? After all, a number of warframes already have a teleport function of some sort. Who's not to say that the ship they infiltrate on is not equiped with a large scale device and cannot zero in on a tenno signal and teleport reinforcements (albeit small # of troops or 1 kick &#! warframe) into the fray beside another?

That might be cool. :)

I also find this rather jarring that mates just spawn next to you with no explanation. An optional "hardcore player" mode could be either a) players start back at the beginning (this is the most realistic option) or b) that you have to deploy a beacon which enables teleporting.

It could be as easy as getting a request that "player X wants to join game, deploy beacon?" and then you deploy said beacon afterwards if you accept that.

But again, as we have to keep the casuals in mind, I see all of these options as just that, options for us more intense people who ponder about lore and etc.