Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Rollers

TooSlowForKirby

I'd like to see an expansion of the roller concept. "Infested" rollers comes to mind specifically. An organic version of the roller that has all the qualities of a Grineer roller except somehow make them more annoying to fight with things such as:

It could leave a trail of the poison effect left by crawlers and toxic ancients.

When it jumps at a player it could have a chance of sticking in addition to stun locking and begin to rapidly steal health to replenish its own.

Knocks the player to the ground instead of staggering

etc.

This is not trolling, I would find this genuinely entertaing and an asset to gameplay.

Also I'm not a Masochist.

I think this is a fabulous idea! I think they need to be smaller, maybe half the current roller size, and 3 times as fast in order to make it good.

Maybe make them shoot lasers as well and give off the shock waves that moas do at 3 second intervals?

What if they were also bullet sponges?

So say, 3-4 snipetron shots to kill.

But of course, that's only if you shoot their weakspot, they take half damage everywhere else.

I dunno... it'd be kinda tricky because the weakspot rolls when the ball does, but skilled players should hit it about 2-3% of the time.

Also, what if infested runners could deploy 3 or 4 of them when they explode?

I have no issue with rollers. I pops me snow globe and shoot them buggers in slow-mo.

What does that have to do with this thread?

This thread is about making a new kind of roller stronger than the default.

On which note;

Fire isn't used very often, what if ancient rollers laid a trail of fire behind them? (As well as the disruptive shield ignoring toxin that drains health and energy)

I'd like to see an expansion of the roller concept. "Infested" rollers comes to mind specifically. An organic version of the roller that has all the qualities of a Grineer roller except somehow make them more annoying to fight with things such as:

It could leave a trail of the poison effect left by crawlers and toxic ancients.

When it jumps at a player it could have a chance of sticking in addition to stun locking and begin to rapidly steal health to replenish its own.

Knocks the player to the ground instead of staggering

etc.

This is not trolling, I would find this genuinely entertaing and an asset to gameplay.

Also I'm not a Masochist.

LvB6pPJ.jpg

I so agree.

What does that have to do with this thread?. . .

Well, maybe the fact that folks were talking about how much they like or hate rollers. As in the second post in this thread. That may of had something to do with my post. Thanks for attempting to put me on blast though. Cheers.

Edited by Aramahn

may of had

Ah, THAT'S why you made a stupid comment.

English lesson time;

"Have had"

not "Of had"

Try it;

"I of gone to the shops" WRONG

"I have gone to the shops" RIGHT

"Tomorrow, I will of turned 22" WRONG

"Tomorrow, I will have turned 22" RIGHT

Seriously, learn english, it's not hard and it means people can take everything you say more seriously.

Edited by NotaCobra

Ah, THAT'S why you made a stupid comment.

English lesson time;

"Have had"

not "Of had"

Try it;

"I of gone to the shops" WRONG

"I have gone to the shops" RIGHT

"Tomorrow, I will of turned 22" WRONG

"Tomorrow, I will have turned 22" RIGHT

Seriously, learn english, it's not hard and it means people can take everything you say more seriously.

Oh I know how this goes. You clearly lack the ability to just say, "oh my fault" on the original topic. So instead you decide to go the lame, overly used tactic of picking apart a person's grammar instead. Real classy.

Oh and by the way, did you happen to notice that post #13 in this thread is also a comment about the difficulty of rollers? Doesn't matter because I'm sure you'll just take me to task on my latest grammatical errors here instead.

Edited by Aramahn

Oh I know how this goes. You clearly lack the ability to just say, "oh my fault" on the original topic. So instead you decide to go the lame, overly used tactic of picking apart a person's grammar instead. Real classy.

Oh and by the way, did you happen to notice that post #13 in this thread is also a comment about the difficulty of rollers? Doesn't matter because I'm sure you'll just take me to task on my latest grammatical errors here instead.

The fact that you made one of the most obvious syntax errors in existance suggests you lack basic reasoning and intelligence, which in turn indicates that any argument you can make uses the same poor judgement that one would expect from somebody who doesn't take the time or effort to ensure correct sentence structure.

What's more, "The 13th post" was saying that rollers are annoying enough as it is, without needing to add more.

Also, finally, and most amusingly;

Every single post before yours was sarcasm, laughing at the very idea that more rollers should be introduced.

My original comment on your post was in itself an ironic statement arguing that you ought to stay on topic in a thread that's doing naught but taking the piss out of a bad idea.

And then, you had to ruin everything by being the exact sort of self righteous little smarmy waste of space  that makes the internet as unbearable as it is.

Seriously, do you think anyone other than OP actually wants flaming, stunning, toxic energy draining, triple speed, half size, double health grineer rollers?

Are you THAT blind?

How about you read a thread before making a dumb comment, then read it again before making another one.

The fact that you made one of the most obvious syntax errors in existance suggests you lack basic reasoning and intelligence, which in turn indicates that any argument you can make uses the same poor judgement that one would expect from somebody who doesn't take the time or effort to ensure correct sentence structure.

What's more, "The 13th post" was saying that rollers are annoying enough as it is, without needing to add more.

Also, finally, and most amusingly;

Every single post before yours was sarcasm, laughing at the very idea that more rollers should be introduced.

My original comment on your post was in itself an ironic statement arguing that you ought to stay on topic in a thread that's doing naught but taking the &!$$ out of a bad idea.

And then, you had to ruin everything by being the exact sort of self righteous little smarmy waste of space  that makes the internet as unbearable as it is.

Seriously, do you think anyone other than OP actually wants flaming, stunning, toxic energy draining, triple speed, half size, double health grineer rollers?

Are you THAT blind?

How about you read a thread before making a dumb comment, then read it again before making another one.

So is this really what you do? You go around insulting the tar out of every forum poster that makes minor grammar mistakes? Or just the ones that have a far better argument?

Seriously pal. My grammatical mistakes were/are minor. My post wasn't out of place, and was also very tongue in cheek. You need to back off the caffeine or whatever it is that has you overdosing on self righteousness and outright hate for your fellow man.

So is this really what you do? You go around insulting the tar out of every forum poster that makes minor grammar mistakes? Or just the ones that have a far better argument?

Seriously pal. My grammatical mistakes were/are minor. My post wasn't out of place, and was also very tongue in cheek. You need to back off the caffeine or whatever it is that has you overdosing on self righteousness and outright hate for your fellow man.

"minor grammar mistakes"

"Far better argument"

"my post...was tongue in cheek"

You're funny.

"Hey guys, I can see that you're all making outlandish suggestions to make grineer rollers even more overpowered and are seeing how far you can push the idea...

but you know what'd be REALLY tongue in cheek?

if I said I don't have a problem fighting them.

LOL! I'm am the witty!"

Edited by NotaCobra

"This is not trolling, I would find this genuinely entertaing and an asset to gameplay.

Also I'm not a Masochist."

Now they are the master trolls. Not only they stagger you, but also makes you fall off the ground. 

So if there are 4 ancient rollers, U can never get up again + theres toxic, which mean its torture to players.

"minor grammar mistakes"

"Far better argument"

"my post...was tongue in cheek"

You're funny.

"Hey guys, I can see that you're all making outlandish suggestions to make grineer rollers even more overpowered and are seeing how far you can push the idea...

but you know what'd be REALLY tongue in cheek?

if I said I don't have a problem fighting them.

LOL! I'm am the witty!"

Did you not read my entire post? It was more about joking about the snow globe. Sure, not side-splitting material. Heck they can't all be zingers. But thanks for proving my point.

My apologies to OP for the horrible threadjack. I'll leave the last comment to NotaCobra because he won't be able to resist not getting in the last word.

A good thread got *@##$y again. What horrible luck. Lets remind ourselves of the topic.

I would love a roller ball enemy based around ancient abilities.

Anyone remember Phantasm? Very old film from the 80's. If you remember it you will remember this.

dKoEWMD.jpg

As a young child i can safely say i did S#&$ myself when i saw the film and what this ball was capable of. I would love it or something like it unleashed on the Warframe community.

Did you not read my entire post? It was more about joking about the snow globe. Sure, not side-splitting material. Heck they can't all be zingers. But thanks for proving my point.

My apologies to OP for the horrible threadjack. I'll leave the last comment to NotaCobra because he won't be able to resist not getting in the last word.

Gorilla.

A good thread got *@##$y again. What horrible luck. Lets remind ourselves of the topic.

I would love a roller ball enemy based around ancient abilities.

Anyone remember Phantasm? Very old film from the 80's. If you remember it you will remember this.

dKoEWMD.jpg

As a young child i can safely say i did S#&$ myself when i saw the film and what this ball was capable of. I would love it or something like it unleashed on the Warframe community.

+1 Though I only ever saw part 2. These, but roller sized, and still fly like they did in the flick. Wow.

Sidenote: Do you remember this from part 2?

reg2.jpg

Could there be a more perfect reskin for the HEK??

*Edit. Buggered up the img tags.

Edited by Aramahn

+1 Though I only ever saw part 2. These, but roller sized, and still fly like they did in the flick. Wow.

Sidenote: Do you remember this from part 2?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oKlSlqqLzww/TdbKzbUZROI/AAAAAAAAARg/iSGDgUcWdig/s1600/019.jpg'>http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oKlSlqqLzww/TdbKzbUZROI/AAAAAAAAARg/iSGDgUcWdig/s1600/019.jpg

Could there be a more perfect reskin for the HEK??

Now that's a @(*()$ shotgun. Cant remember seeing 2 but 1 had a profound effect on me. Never can forget it. People complain about Grineer balls. Imagine Infested throwing these little bastards about...