Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Rhino Has No Horn, Why Excalibur Has One?

The7thGuardian

Why doesn't Rhino have a horn? Isn't he a rhino? Why Excalibur has one?  They should put the horn on rhino's head and take out the horn of Excalibur. It would have make sense if they exchange names. Rhino charge wouldn't make any sense without a horn on his head. I just realized that now.

I think Rhino should have a more prominent horn.

Plus I think one of frames needs an ability change. Slash Dash and Charge are literally the same. One needs a new ability imo.

Well I doubt one would change the poster boy's iconic skill however, this may be of benefit to Rhino as he does need some reworking.

Well, I have called the Excalibur alternate helm with an even BIGGER horn the Helm of Overcompensation.

I will second that rhino is named after a bulldozer or semi manufacturer instead of the animal. Big R has taken some lumps with a nerf bat recently but still Rhino tough.

Still surprised Loki has the hammerhead and not the Marvel comics two curled giant horns. And Nyx being green. And Ember looking like a chicken.

The devs were just following the advice that publishers gave them during the production of Dark Sector (their previous title).  The publishers, in their incredible wisdom, realized that gamers can only sympathize with and care about characters who possess a massive cod-piece.  So the artists this time made sure that Rhino would be the most sympathetic character ever created.  That's also why Rhino's skills are so lack-luster.  He is supposed to be a tragic hero who doesn't fit in with his comrades. 

In all seriousness though, I don't want them to change Rhino's asthetic.  He's my favorite looking warframe by far (I've made mine look like a bloody manikin by using white on red).  Plus, he looks tankier without a horn (and without the horn Excalibur would look quite plain). 

The devs were just following the advice that publishers gave them during the production of Dark Sector (their previous title).  The publishers, in their incredible wisdom, realized that gamers can only sympathize with and care about characters who possess a massive cod-piece.  So the artists this time made sure that Rhino would be the most sympathetic character ever created.  That's also why Rhino's skills are so lack-luster.  He is supposed to be a tragic hero who doesn't fit in with his comrades. 

Besides, who wouldn't be intimidated by the angry Space Knight (he's no Space Ninja) with the massive cod-piece? Tenno are trained to use every fiber of their being as a weapon.

EVERY. FIBER.