Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back The Downvote Button

Urbanspaceman

So in essence, you feel you lack the energy and drive to simply make a reply and write why you disagree with an idea? You just want to click a button to judge a person for the worse?

Dangerous power in the palms of the masses.

if u disagree with some1 on something post it. no need for a button to do it.

Exactly this...

This is why it was removed, too many people downvoting without an explanation of why. Since there were so many trolls downvoting everyone, it was removed because it deceased forum moral and made it more difficult for people to post without getting the feeling of being trolled with 30 down posts on a post that would make sense.

I've seen about 10 posts a day get 18 downvotes because of it being something making sense and the people looked like idiots for it, thus they return in make repeated downvotes on someone who was helping. They didn't say why they disagree, they just downvoted the people because they made sense.

Btw, I've seen posts during the downvote time that were just negative and yet still had 4 upvotes because people agreed with them. The post was locked down later by I believe DE_Steve or Rebecca, but still made no sense in why a Aggressive post like his was to get so many up votes when it should have gotten down votes.

Lastly, it can be abused with the downvote system. People can easily make 10 accounts to just downvote the heck out of 1 person on all his posts. Which I think you'd hate if you were in that situation. If you want to disagree with someone, tell them that.. have your debate of who's right and maybe you might win if you're persistent. But don't just try to get a cowards method back just to discourage another poster.