The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Rhino's Stats (And Maybe Others')

Arkhenbarn

Recently, we've had Excalibur's rework and Frost is going to be tweaked. I'm happy with both.

The thing is, some Warframes have stats that don't fit their "personnality" anymore when you compare them with others (mostly among the new and tweaked ones).

The most obvious case I can think about is Rhino. It's the Tank, the one who stands and catch enemies' attention to let his allies all out attack with no risk. An important attribute of Rhino is thus his armor, which must be logically the best, making him a moving fortress. If it was when he had been introduced, it is no longer the case now.

First came Valkyr, the Berserker. The fact she has an heavier armor makes sense in a way, going berserk and unstoppable surrounded by enemies. Then, there was Chroma, Dragon-themed. And now, Excalibur. Let's face the reality. Valkyr is hard to take down and her Hysteria makes her invulnerable while capable of healing by damaging enemies. Chroma's Vex armor can give such a boost to his armor that it surpasses Valkyr even with Warcry. And Excalibur can block any frontal damage with the Exalted Blade.

Don't you have the impression that Rhino, even with iron Skin, is surpassed as "Tank" ? This Iron Skin gets downed in seconds at high levels, while other powers still works and will in the end give a better boost than Iron Skin, like Vex Armor.

Moreover, as he's supposed to be "heavy", he's slow. Valkyr is fast. Chroma and Excalibur can move at a reasonable speed (in the average). Being slow, Rhino is more "exposed" to damage ; he is easier to target. This reinforces the obsolescence of his armor.

I don't know if there is any plan concerning Rhino for reworks, but I clearly think that he needs a tweak for his armor. Only that would already be great.

Edited by Arkhenbarn

Not sure what you mean by slow.  Arcane Vanguard helm and Rush and the new Agility card give him a 1.81 run speed  and thats with out the aura.  So with a little work he is insanely fast.

Not sure what you mean by slow.  Arcane Vanguard helm and Rush and the new Agility card give him a 1.81 run speed  and thats with out the aura.  So with a little work he is insanely fast.

If we have the Helmet... I don't have it. And sacrificing slots for those mods would hurt me a little...

But that put aside, I compare them unmodded (it would be irrelevant otherwise).

Well, needless to say, Rhino needs a rework. Prepare for a lot of hate and useless criticism. People here on the forums will disagree with a Rhino rework by simply stating that it doesn't need one. Rhino is perfect the way it is, why would you even use rhino anymore?

I'll tell you what... Rhino desperately needs a rework. As he is now, by the 25th minute of T4 Survival, his Iron Skin fails, being oneshot and knockbacked by OP enemies. A tank is supposed to be an aggro gatherer while Rhino fails at being a bullet sponge.

oh and @ Vydar, i'm sorry to tell you this, but NOBODY wants a lightning fast Rhino

I was thinking that Frost could get the same boost (more or less) too, as they are both Heavy Frames and oddly, I see them a bit like brothers :> (is that because of me and a friend of mine playing respectively Rhino and Frost, who knows ?)

Well, needless to say, Rhino needs a rework. Prepare for a lot of hate and useless criticism. People here on the forums will disagree with a Rhino rework by simply stating that it doesn't need one. Rhino is perfect the way it is, why would you even use rhino anymore?

I'll tell you what... Rhino desperately needs a rework. As he is now, by the 25th minute of T4 Survival, his Iron Skin fails, being oneshot and knockbacked by OP enemies. A tank is supposed to be an aggro gatherer while Rhino fails at being a bullet sponge.

oh and @ Vydar, i'm sorry to tell you this, but NOBODY wants a lightning fast Rhino

Agree with that last point.

I don't care if Rhino has 0.5 speed as long as he is the tank he should be.

OP i agree with everything you said except speed, the tank needs to stay heavy.+1 for Iron Skin rework.

And I don't want his speed to be increased ^^ .My point may not be as clear as I thought ; it's more an argument to support his rework on armor, etc.