The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Suggestions Regarding Trinity !

Rizombie

This thread is a "collection" of ideas I found on some other threads ,and some of my own.

So I'll get straight to the point and I am open to any opinion/argument/suggestion.

Well of life: After the latest update it kinda became more useful since you are no longer invincible during blessing's

casting but it's still not that good. My suggestion would be to either put another skill (maybe shield recharge ? But that

would make Mag's shield polarize kinda useless) or rework the ability so it will replenish X% of the total HP of the

receiver. A "cast on player" wouldn't be bad as well , but it's more fun when you have to coordinate with your teamates

to hit a specific monster :D

Energy Vampire: I think it's pretty awesome as it is. Doesn't need a change ! (maaaaybe being able to drain a

reduced amount of energy while the enemy's shild is still up)

Link: It needs to be reworked. I mean sure , she needs some kind of an "offensive" ability , but this makes every other

tank so useless (ESPECIALLY after rhino's nerf) nobody will want to play with them. I don't have any suggestion on

what should replace link but I think that a nerf like rhino's steel (70-80% damage dealt back) would be okay. 

Blessing : I was kinda bummed after the nerf but to be honest , it was too easy. All you needed was to have 77 energy

spare (I've rarely had a problem with that) and BAM , everything is alright ! My suggestion would be to lower the cast

time to 1 second or even less(after all you need to be an &#! saver , not an occasional healer) ,STILL be vulnerable

during the cast time and remove the invincibility at the end.

CHANGE THE UI SO WE CAN CONSTANTLY SEE OUR TEAMMATES' HEALTH! I really have the feeling that they are

doing that on purpose ! Yes I know that they want us to communicate on voice chat and be well coordinated as a team ,

but sometimes not even my teammates notice that their health is going down hahaha. So yeah , so far I haven't seen a

single argument against this suggestion. Also , no matter if you are going to change it to a non push-to-talk ,or you are

going to leave it as it is , I think that you should at least put more info like shields and energy on it.

So to sum it up , let us be as supportive as possible ! I need to feel needed as a frame and I'm having a hard time

doing that right now !

Oh and one last thing. Please make the lobster tail optional. Put some additional skins on the market (that can be

obtained with AND without platinum ,through the alert system) so we can change this! I know that some people actually

like it and that's why I am not suggesting the complete removal of it , but many of us just find it hideous!

(if anything I think of anything else I will edit the thread to include it!)

As a fellow Trinity, I read your post nodding the entire way through. Massive ups to you, it's great to know I'm not the only person playing Trinity and thinking these things, because it feels that way sometimes.

My opinion is as follows:

Well of Life: Useless, have it at lv0, strongly considering taking it off my build as I NEVER use it.

Energy Vampire: Fine, awesome skill.

Link: Agree with you, needs nerfed/changed slightly/replaced so that tanks have a purpose (I am oftentimes tanking the bosses very VERY well, and as fun as it is I do not think it is my frame role)

Blessing: After the invulnerability cast time nerf, it's fine imo.

Well of Life should be changed to something more useful perhaps. It's just so useless to me. I haven't cast it in a couple hundred matches at all. At. All.

As for changing the UI so we can constantly see team health? We don't even need that. Just change the damn Z-key to NOT LOCK MOVEMENT.

Oh, and many people have asked for the removal of the..thing..on her &#!, and I think it has been denied. However I would also perhaps request a slight change to this, it looks very out of place and does not match with the sleek look of the rest of the frame. It looks like overheated melted cheese bubbled over or something. Rather disgusting.

I've been playing Trinity for the last couple days and I have a few observations of my own.

Well of Life: I don't use this ability. I have tried, on multiple occasions, to find a good way to use it, but no matter what I do I just can't get the health to the right person in a reasonable manner. The ideal role would be for this to be used for patching people up who have taken a bit of damage or extending the life of a sturdy teammate who can hold a tough enemy's attention for a while. Changing it from cast on enemies to cast on players would go a long way for usability. It should be recastable during the duration, but doing so overwrites the previous application. You'd lose the ability to have multiple players get healing at the same time, but that's what Blessing is for anyway.

Energy Vamp: I use it on bosses quite a bit. Being able to fuel continuous Sonar and Link makes it valuable in situations where energy is scarce. Not a high priority ability, but it functions well. If there were bosses with multiple phases that included being rushed by adds, this would really shine. Fueling extra AoE Ults would be really great in that situation.

Link: This is the bee's knees. At max rank it gives up to 8 seconds of complete invincibility. Lasts even longer with the alternate helmet. I cast this ability all the time. Swarmed by enemies? Link. Downed ally near dangerous enemy? Link. Feel like charging into melee with a huge axe for no reason? Link. Almost every problem is solved by casting Link. If you died as a Trinity and still had Energy for Link, you dun goofed. This ability has no downsides.

Blessing: I hated this for a while, but the change to the UI allowing us to keep tabs on health and shields all the time made it a lot more usable. I am now able to accurately determine when to cast it to save people or just patch them up since Well of Life isn't capable of doing its job.

I'd like to advocate the removal of the raw invincibility from Link. Blessing's invincibility is too short and costs too much to be sustainable. It provides a nice perk and that's all. Link, however, is heavily sustainable and it makes Trinity's gameplay a bit boring. They've given us these healing abilities with one hand and removed the need for them with the other. I say keep the immunity to (and reflection of) forced movement as well as the 100% damage reflect, but bring down the damage reduction to 60/70/80/90%. The biggest effect this would have is that Trinity would no longer be able to regenerate shields while being attacked with Link active. I think that alone diminishes her tankability without making her complete garbage at it. It'd still be a powerful defensive ability, but you'd need some modicum of thought put into using it instead of 

1. Take damage

2. Mash 3

3. ???

4. Profit!

In closing, I really like Trinity. I think she's a cool Warframe that's well on her way to being one of the most balanced in the game. Bring Link down slightly and Well of Life up significantly and she'd be super solid.

I like Link as it is, but I think it needs a time reduction that or an effect reduction. At least I would have said that before Scorpions/Commander/Corpus (big ones) came about. These new enemies make a full protection needed as they either are disruptive or capable do doing high-damage to a weaker frame.

As others have stated it's a quite powerful skill however Trinity can be bursted down very quickly and these new enemies make it easy for a Trinity to get caught out of position (much like Banshee can). With these new enemies I don't see an issue with Link even as it stands. Like Iron Skin, Link is an invulnerability and should probably be kept similar to Iron Skin.

Beyond that I am focusing more on my Banshee than on Trinity so I will stop there.

I'd have to agree with Estred. While I would like to see Link have some kind of nerf, Trinity can be soaring high one second, dead the next. Especially, I find, on high level Corpus missions. I'd just really like to see something done with Well of Life.

I actually have a suggestion for Well of Life:

You aim at a PLAYER and activate Well of Life. This "links" you and the player periodically (similar to Link). Any damage you then do to ENEMIES is transferred as a % of health to that player? Thoughts, my fellow Trinities? (Or Trinitys)