Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Is Perfectly Fine

kindablueish

Does that change the fact that it's easy?

Wouldn't it? Short sighted change to something like a warframe power would undermine how he is received by newer players.

If it is only this powerful because of mods, why not nerf all weapons in general as well because farming mods for them makes missions easier too

The year is 35XX. The civil war over Excalibur has raged on for centuries. Age-old traditions and laws have been toppled in the name of "balance" and Tenno have been reduced to shooting at each other with water pistols, and the only other weapon available are half-thought out arguments and skewed comparisons. Amidst the chaos, there are two questions no one will dare ask:

Why is it so hard to believe that perhaps the devs thought long and hard about balance and came to a solution that we can accept?
And why do these same arguments get raised about every weapon or Warframe whenever one gets buffed?

The year is 35XX. The civil war over Excalibur has raged on for centuries. Age-old traditions and laws have been toppled in the name of "balance" and Tenno have been reduced to shooting at each other with water pistols, and the only other weapon available are half-thought out arguments and skewed comparisons. Amidst the chaos, there are two questions no one will dare ask:

Why is it so hard to believe that perhaps the devs thought long and hard about balance and came to a solution that we can accept?

And why do these same arguments get raised about every weapon or Warframe whenever one gets buffed?

Because people make mistakes, but there doesn't seem to be that big a deviation for excalibur's rework.

I could appreciate a reduction in blade wave range though, if people are complaining about his reach. Maybe have it tied to stretch.

The entire new Excal rework has been great and is a total success in my opinion, props to DE for successfully making a frame fun and useful in the same time but not broken. Nothing should be changed about the new Excal rework, it is the best thing De has done in a while in my opinion. The new excal actually gives me a reason to play the game after I have grinded everything in the game, it is actually FUN.

I second this. Before Excal was balanced, yes, but a bit weak. The new rework has done him lots of good, and I think Exalted Blade is a perfect new addition for Excal. This new rework will give new players a sense of balance, safety, and OP. He now has 3 CC moves (Radial Blind, Radial Javelin, Exalted Blade). They're all spammable too. This new rework has helped Excal lots.

Wouldn't it? Short sighted change to something like a warframe power would undermine how he is received by newer players.

If it is only this powerful because of mods, why not nerf all weapons in general as well because farming mods for them makes missions easier too

It doesn't matter what mods are needed to make it that powerful, the fact is that it IS that powerful. If I required super special mods to give the Soma Prime homing bullets that always headshot, it still wouldn't be balanced because that's just insane. With a potential damage of 60k (that's what I got, I've heard tell of 120k) still oneshotting enemies up to 40 with no limitations and a long range on a melee-centric frame, you can see why I disagree with this.

It doesn't matter what mods are needed to make it that powerful, the fact is that it IS that powerful. If I required super special mods to give the Soma Prime homing bullets that always headshot, it still wouldn't be balanced because that's just insane. With a potential damage of 60k (that's what I got, I've heard tell of 120k) still oneshotting enemies up to 40 with no limitations and a long range on a melee-centric frame, you can see why I disagree with this.

I'm not going to continue a simultaneous discussion on two threads.

My stand is made in the other thread.

I second this. Before Excal was balanced, yes, but a bit weak. The new rework has done him lots of good, and I think Exalted Blade is a perfect new addition for Excal. This new rework will give new players a sense of balance, safety, and OP. He now has 3 CC moves (Radial Blind, Radial Javelin, Exalted Blade). They're all spammable too. This new rework has helped Excal lots.

why does he exactly need 3 CC moves though? redundant. javelin is now useless, it is way better to just blind and energy wave to death.

they could have instead make exalted blade a melee buff and energy waves his new ranged ability instead of javelin. a cheap spam able on demand ranged attack without punch through. which when exalted blade is on has punch through. synergy, cleaner solution, promotes use of all abilities instead of only 4 again.