The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Gtx 970 Stuttering

Zelav

So about a month and a half ago I upgraded my HD Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition to a MSI GTX GeForce 970 Twin Frozr V and so far it's great, the only problem was that I get stuttering when I play for a certain amount of time on the GTX 970 but the 7870 ran the game with absolutely no problem. I am aware that the GTX 970 has only 3.5 fast Ghz, and that's actually when the stuttering happens is when the game his 3.5 Ghz of usage. This is no a temperature issue, my i5-4670K runs about 50-60C while under load and my GPU runs about the same, 40-60C under load so this is not an issue. I another problem is sometimes I will dip down to 40 from 60 and it will just happen randomly, also when that happens my GPU and CPU temps are fine, so I have no idea what could be causing my frames to drop so dramatically, I also have V-Sync on. Also to note that I do have Google Chrome, iTunes, Steam, and Skype running while I game.

Well a good start is turning off unessesary background programs, especially Skype. Mumble or TeamSpeak will do exactly the same thing and use only a fraction of your systems resources (compared to Skype) to do it.

Next step would be turning off some advanced graphics options. The usual offenders are PhysX particles and ambient occlusion, i think. You may also choose a less intensive form of AA.

Edited by Dualstar

I'm a 970 GTX user and your software use pattern matches my own (skype, chrome, music).

Have you tried disabling 3D acceleration in Google Chrome's settings? I read a thread a while back which recommended turning that off and it helped me.

I've been playing since update 6. After getting a 970 GTX I started seeing stuttering. Recently I reinstalled Warframe and most of my troubles went away. I suspect there are some bad settings which accumulated over time.

I wouldn't recommend reinstalling until you're sure you can't solve the problem any other way, but a reinstall is worth considering.

Edited by mrecentric

I'm a 970 GTX user and your software use pattern matches my own (skype, chrome, music).

Have you tried disabling 3D acceleration in Google Chrome's settings? I read a thread a while back which recommended turning that off and it helped me.

I've been playing since update 6. After getting a 970 GTX I started seeing stuttering. Recently I reinstalled Warframe and most of my troubles went away. I suspect there are some bad settings which accumulated over time.

I wouldn't recommend reinstalling until you're sure you can't solve the problem any other way, but a reinstall is worth considering.

Yeah i'll try that and see how my frames and stuff go, but first where is the location of it? In the Plugins?

Edited by Zelav

So about a month and a half ago I upgraded my HD Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition to a MSI GTX GeForce 970 Twin Frozr V and so far it's great, the only problem was that I get stuttering when I play for a certain amount of time on the GTX 970 but the 7870 ran the game with absolutely no problem. I am aware that the GTX 970 has only 3.5 fast Ghz, and that's actually when the stuttering happens is when the game his 3.5 Ghz of usage. This is no a temperature issue, my i5-4670K runs about 50-60C while under load and my GPU runs about the same, 40-60C under load so this is not an issue. I another problem is sometimes I will dip down to 40 from 60 and it will just happen randomly, also when that happens my GPU and CPU temps are fine, so I have no idea what could be causing my frames to drop so dramatically, I also have V-Sync on. Also to note that I do have Google Chrome, iTunes, Steam, and Skype running while I game.

I assume you're referring to the 3.5GB vs 4GB memory utilization issue on the GTX970's

Just a heads up, the memory utilization on Warframe never hits that limit. It's simply not big enough. The memory usage you're probably seeing going up that high is your system RAM. If you're running 3.5gb of ram on your system then yes, you probably will encounter many issues relating to usage. Good news is system RAM is one of the cheapest and easiest upgrades you can do.

Also keep in mind if you're running a 32bit operating system, you've already reached your cap. You will need to install a 64bit OS in order to take advantage of 4GB+ of RAM.

I assume you're referring to the 3.5GB vs 4GB memory utilization issue on the GTX970's

Just a heads up, the memory utilization on Warframe never hits that limit. It's simply not big enough. The memory usage you're probably seeing going up that high is your system RAM. If you're running 3.5gb of ram on your system then yes, you probably will encounter many issues relating to usage. Good news is system RAM is one of the cheapest and easiest upgrades you can do.

Also keep in mind if you're running a 32bit operating system, you've already reached your cap. You will need to install a 64bit OS in order to take advantage of 4GB+ of RAM.

No, I have 8gb of ram and run on a Windows 7 64bit, what i'm seeing is the Memory Clock hovering at 3505 all the time my core clock I think is around 1.3 - 1.5 ghz and it probably gets a bit higher maybe when I game, so idk what would cause my stuttering, my temps for CPU and GPU are fine, also unparked my CPU's and I still get stuttering. 

Sorry for the late reply.

Edited by Zelav