Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Prices Feel Random.

Noabettiet

Hey there.
Like the tittle suggests, i can't stop to think that most of the prices to some items feel rather... random. (as in inaccurate, not thought out well)

An example would be the color palette "classic" : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Colour_Picker_Extension#Classic

It costs an FREAKING 75 platinum and offers LESS than other color palettes!

The thing is that, colors are cosmetics, something that gives no advantage other than make look cool. And the price for overall all color palettes are just ... UNREASONABLE..  

To give the right image for you guys, the Viper (an gun : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Viper ) and ANY sentinel has got the same price as ANY COLOR PALETTE.

It is a joke. And not an funny one, because it gets worse when you notice there are warframes that cost the same as the color palettes.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Volt_(Warframe)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Loki_(Warframe)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur_(Warframe)

Well, but i somewhat understand, they are the initial warframes from the closed beta and early 2nd open beta, so they should make sense to be priced as such.

But i am also confused as in why there are some warframes that cost different prices of platinum. Is it somewhat because "this" overpriced warframe is stronger than the other?  

I don't think so. But i believe these are outdated and should take into consideration value/ availability/ usefulness:

- Boosters and Orokin reactors/catalysts should be (despite i would like to them in a low price) the ones with an reasonable increased price. They are highly useful, available.

- Warframes, other than the new initial warframes (loki, mag and excalibur) should have an "stable" price. Trading hard work to obtain these for easy-to-get platinum bought warframes.

- Cosmetics should remain at all times lowest price in compassion to anything else. They are just extras in which will be used to boost your overall awesomeness.

Notice that i didn't talk about about slots and weapons, that is because i find them particularly something that is more of an discussion of balance or just because they are already balanced.

With the exception of akbolto that costs the amazingly ultra price of 611 platinum which is over 26 euros.

- Cosmetics should remain at all times lowest price in compassion to anything else. They are just extras in which will be used to boost your overall awesomeness.

Cosmetics are the best way to get money without a disadvantage for players, who don't pay for them. So there is no reason to make them cheaper.

They should allways have the prices, that give the devs most money. This means the price at which the product of price and player, who buy it for that price is the highest.

For example:

If they made it 10% cheaper, but that would only cause 5% more people buying it, that would be a wrong decision.

ps: Offtopic question: Can you use expressions like "at which" to introduce a relativ clause in english?

Cosmetics are the best way to get money without a disadvantage for players, who don't pay for them. So there is no reason to make them cheaper.

They should allways have the prices, that give the devs most money. This means the price at which the product of price and player, who buy it for that price is the highest.

For example:

If they made it 10% cheaper, but that would only cause 5% more people buying it, that would be a wrong decision.

Going by your logic, we should increase all prices to an unreasonable huge amount, so that the devs can get more money. 

Cosmetics are an one time buy and it isn't even guarantee to be something that will be actuality bought that much.

Sorry, but i just can't take you seriously. It just seams like a troll post here.

Going by your logic, we should increase all prices to an unreasonable huge amount, so that the devs can get more money. 

Cosmetics are an one time buy and it isn't even guarantee to be something that will be actuality bought that much.

Sorry, but i just can't take you seriously. It just seams like a troll post here.

I may have explained it badly. I'm no native speaker and have a little bit of trouble explaining such things in english, but I will try:

Higher price -> less buyers

Lower price -> more buyers

At the end of the day, the money you get is price * buyers. (You sell 5 tomatos for 1€, so you get 1€ * 5 = 5€).

The target is to get the price, that will cause price * buyers to be the highest.

If you make the prices insanely high, nobody will buy them so price * buyers will be quit low -> less money for devs.

It's just the system, that is used to make nearly all prices nowadays, even the tomatos you buy in the supermarket.

(besides there are some other factor like production costs, that need to be considered too)

Edited by Theodorion

Disagree immensely....

The most useful gameplay items should be low cost otherwise it's a 'pay to win' game - for lack of a better term (which I loathe). The vestigial, aesthetic items should always be the expensive ones because no one needs them, they are merely luxuries. You aren't at a disadvantage not paying for luxuries, you would be if potatoes and slots were expensive.

Edited by Qb3rt

League of Legends only charges money exclusively for skins and the only other thing you can purchase with money are champions, which can also be purchased with game currency easily earned in a few days.

League of Legends is also currently the most profitable game in the world.

I think they know what they are doing.

Disagree immensely....

The most useful gameplay items should be low cost otherwise it's a 'pay to win' game - for lack of a better term (which I loathe). The vestigial, aesthetic items should always be the expensive ones because no one needs them, they are merely luxuries. You aren't at a disadvantage not paying for luxuries, you would be if potatoes and slots were expensive.

Boosters aren't an pay to win and potatoes (Orokin catalysts and reactors) can be collected by doing Alerts with "?". So in the end, everyone would have the same "power", it is just that some archive it quickly.

And i never talked about slots. Actuality, i didn't even offer anything on it. 

Boosters aren't an pay to win and potatoes (Orokin catalysts and reactors) can be collected by doing Alerts with "?". So in the end, everyone would have the same "power", it is just that some archive it quickly.

And i never talked about slots. Actuality, i didn't even offer anything on it. 

Oh yes because we get so many catalyst and reactor alerts.

Oh yes because we get so many catalyst and reactor alerts

Yeah, lets bash the thread starter, because RNG is so random.. !

Hell, i know it is annoying, I also play the game here, but that is simply off-topic, that is why i didn't included it. 

But is it really an bad idea for you just to bash me?