Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decrease in Texture Quality

Gestalt

Just wondering if anyone else out there is experiencing this. Ever since the patch (multiple patches) a couple of days ago, I've been feeling the texture on my characters, as well as the environment being particularly low resolution compared to pre-patch. At first I thought it was just a perception problem, then I dug up some old screenshots:

Pre-Patch:

KII3v.jpg

Post-Patch:

E4nhb.png

You can tell clearly the character model's shoulder and arm texture is significantly lower resolution, as well as when comparing the extraction thing. Also, it was pretty obvious looking at the doors while waiting for elevators.

I made sure texture memory is on High as well, and I'm somewhat sure that the pre-patch screencap was taken with texture memory on Low, so it's not because of the settings.

Have you checked your graphics settings since the patch? They could have been reset.

Oh it resolved itself shortly after I submitted the ticket. I think it was fixed by a minor patch, as I logged out, closed the game and reopened launcher, and got a tiny 5k update or something.

And I'm fairly sure it wasn't a setting thing, as even on lowest texture setting, this game looks pretty amazing O_O. Unless I'm missing something and there really is an option to lower your graphics way down.