Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Ideas

ukovalian

Currently stealth in warframe is both unnecessary and unnoticeable and is in need of a major update, mostly with incentive for keeping stealth, and mobility while in stealth. I have five ideas that I strongly believe will improve stealth within gameplay for all frame classes.

SYSTEM UPGRADE

cameras should immediately alert the ship to your presents instead of just activating the turrets of a room. This would make them more involved in gameplay as they would be more of a hazard instead of just being a annoyance like they are now. Also I believe turrets should be active while the ship is on alert or lock down regardless of player viability to a camera

SIEGE UNITS

when the area is on alert or lock down it has a respectively rare or uncommon chance of spawning that races siege units;

the bursa series moa for the corpus

both juggernauts for the infested

and the new battle-station for the grineer

the battle station this a heavily armored quadrupedal mechanical walker, equipped with two front mounted gorgons and essentially a amped up tonkor

both this and system upgrade are supposed to disincentivize breaking stealth by making gameplay harder out of stealth then it is inside it

MATINANCE HATCHES

when the lotus tells you over a heavy assault team, or equivalent thereof, she will allow you access to the maintenance that surround the room allowing for strategic elimination and guerrilla tactics on the enemy to avoid death and/or detection of the player, maintenance hatches would also be present on defence and exterminate missions to allow stealth and support frames movement around the map unharmed, it would also includes ways to move from one room to the other.

These areas would have there own defence mainly in the form of traps and small units like the maggot, scuttler, and moa sentry (credit to original creators).

ENHANCED MOBILITIY

if we where to be allowed to go further into the ship to avoid our enemies we should also be allowed to go further out and use our archwings on any mission. This would make the archwing much more useful in game as players would be able to use it anywhere, though to keep balanced enemies would be able to have there space units able to spawn on any mission in a open room e.g. large with visible sky.

While in space you can jump out of broken windows to enter archwing form. Rooms open to space would be able to be breached and attacked into, or out of, by either side.

These two idea are designed to make stealth abit more easier to keep with the new additions proposed in the first two ideas

DOOR HEALTH

almost as important as good stealth is having the ability to ignore it so that tanks and berserkers can go on without it interfering the game flow of there style. So I believe that doors in lockdown should have health that is effected by warframe abilities and heavy/explosive weapons, this way tanks and beserkers need not worry the ships alertness, as it does not hinder them majorly.

Edited by ukovalian

Currently stealth in warframe is both unnecessary and unnoticeable and is in need of a major update, mostly with incentive for keeping stealth, and mobility while in stealth. I have five ideas that I strongly believe will improve stealth within gameplay for all frame classes.

SYSTEM UPGRADE

Cameras should immediately alert the ship to your presents instead of just activating the turrets of a room.

Damn I wanted to surprise the corpus with my lovely presents filled with love and joy :(

Some players are not able to stealth even if they wanted to unless agreeing with everyone in chat to maintain the silence. As much as I appreciate the affinity multiplier, I'm saddened that to see players rushing in Rescue or Spy missions only to trip the alarms and possibly lose the objective, complaining about the difficulty. Other than that, there is clearly no other incentive to get players to stealth. A tanker spawns? Sure, and that boltor prime will still reduce them to a grease spot.

AI system needs a rework as well, since I can't tell you how close I had to get to open a door, 20+ Lancers are staring in my general direction (no, scanners cannot detect through doors). This supports your idea of alternative pathways, but this means a revamp of current tilesets so DE will set this as a low priority.

Seems like some interesting additions but one thing i must note is that the grineer were the first to have an enemy that spawns on the alert going off. I'm sure you know about the manic.

and the Spark.

Some players are not able to stealth even if they wanted to unless agreeing with everyone in chat to maintain the silence. As much as I appreciate the affinity multiplier, I'm saddened that to see players rushing in Rescue or Spy missions only to trip the alarms and possibly lose the objective, complaining about the difficulty. Other than that, there is clearly no other incentive to get players to stealth. A tanker spawns? Sure, and that boltor prime will still reduce them to a grease spot.

AI system needs a rework as well, since I can't tell you how close I had to get to open a door, 20+ Lancers are staring in my general direction (no, scanners cannot detect through doors). This supports your idea of alternative pathways, but this means a revamp of current tilesets so DE will set this as a low priority.

not all frames are designed for stealth and it's fine to cater to mulipule audiances as long as the tools given allow them to achive the same goal to the same level, stealth with team mates isn't really feasible with the linear design of the maps, but if you had more mobility within the area it would become more possible