Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Ordis/lotus Chatter/nagging

Torcularis

I like having them talk, I just don't like hearing the same random, recycled lines about 30 times a day. Ordis is particularly guilty of this. It's nice to have the option to mute him, but then it gets a bit strange when I complete a stage of a quest and Ordis says something to an NPC who then appears to be talking to themself.

On the same token, it's very helpful to have Lotus let me know when an enemy squad is coming in, or when I've spooked a capture target, but I'd greatly prefer that she didn't keep nagging me to find the data terminals in a spy mission when I'm currently hiding from an annoyingly persistent patrol. (I'm really bad at stealth.)

+1

Alot of people complain about Ordis speaking so much, and while it's great that he's been moved to the right side of the screen to not cover up our customization, it'd be better to have some different options for him.

1. An option to disable him entirely when not in quest

2. An option to mute him when not in-quest 

3. Different voice packs available to build/purchase/trade, for different Cephalons.

(a). Slightly alter quest dialog to better fit the new voices/cephalon characters, and tweak the current quest dialog of other characters to fit it aswell.

(b). Retain his name, but change his voice to be less of a nuisance, and more of something an ancient warrior of a lost empire would tolerate.

4. Continuously add more basic, short-mid length lines to his random dialog every few hotfixes or just often in general. Adding a basic one-liner, voice acting it, adding the sound effects added before and putting in a new line of code to add it to the random list of lines shouldn't be TOO difficult, but I can't assume too much since I'm not sure how Digital Extremes does their work.

(a). Lower the frequency of him speaking. Not only will this make his lines more rare to hear (Especially if there's more of them) but it'll lower the annoyance he can be, since he's popping up less often. Perhaps this will let us appreciate him more.

Of course in the end, it is up to DE to decide what to do with Ordis. He's become a decent part of the plot and quests, completely offing him without any sort of story inclusion wouldn't be plausible, neither would that be an easy task even with story inclusion without completely re-writing quests or having a flag checked if Ordis is gone where it replaces Ordis with something different.

Edited by KasiFlow