Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Melee Weapon For Master Rank 2?!

(PSN)NaRDZzziioOo

Question

13 answers to this question

I vote for atterax, it has nice critical chance and multiplier, a nice stance and good range. Its my most used weapon of all time.

Also, as long as you happen to have the spare argon for it, quite easy to obtain.

Edit:

Just noticed you also asked about secondary weapons. The lex and aklex are pretty good and not mastery locked at all. You can pick them up for credits without needing to build them first (although you'll be crafting them together for aklex).

I also really like the akjagara, but they are a royal pain to obtain, especially for newer players. But the whole series of weapons needed to get there is nice mastery points (bolto, akbolto, dual skana).

Edited by PAX_NL

Any of which you have access to. Mastering the weapons will get you to the next mastery level at some point, and you'll gain access to either some new powerful or trashy weapon.

But to answer your original question, i would say dual zorens, given that their stamina consumption won't be a thing when Update 17 arrives. Just make sure you have a good variety of melee mods.

well if galantine isnt xp lockd then id go with that 1 its damage is 2nd highest per swing as of now

I think galantine is locked till MR3 I'm MR8 and it's been awhile so I'm not 100% sure Edited by Mike100673

Honestly, I got through with the game early with Amphis. The slam attack deals Electric damage and stuns them for awhile, the radius ain't that bad either.

As for secondary, if you have Argon Crystals, then Gammacor is a start, and if not the Atomos. Not sure if those are XP locked.

I would actually go with the dual zorens.

Fast attack speed, reasonable damage, plus COPTERING. Enjoy that while you still can.

Apart from the pending removal of flinging slide attacks, I agree with this.

When I was leveling mastery fodder to rank up, eventually I got around to this weapon. Not having this weapon earlier on was one of my biggest regrets. This was probably the first weapon I used untatered for a while before I sold it to make space for the Nikana>Dragon Nikana. This weapon will last you a long time and it's fairly easy to build. Apart from Berserker, the mods required to mod it properly should be no problem to obtain.

So I finally got my hands on Orthos Prime n its cooking as we speak, so melee is sorted.

Any suggestions on a good Prime'd secondary for MR2?

You're over thinking it.

It's the MR2 rank up.

go with w/e you got!

I personally liked the Skana myself and it carried me quite far into the game before I felt I needed to move on. Properly modded, it does quite well. As for secondaries, my favorite to date was the Viper and Dual Vipers. Akmagnus is also another favorite of mine. I can't remember if it has a MR lock or not. Has a great gunslinger feel, but without mods to increase reload time, it can be slow. 

As far as damage output, the Vaykor Marelok is fantastic as well. Single shot weapon that can put down quite a few different enemy types. But you will either have to embark on joining the Steel Meridian syndicate and getting it or purchasing/trading for it through someone who can acquire it for you.