Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "toggle Sprint" Option Should... Toggle Sprint!

Defendor

You stop sprinting when you press the crouch button. Then you have to press the sprint button again if you want to restart sprinting. This has always been annoying, but now that Parkour 2.0 is here, it got extra bad. Why? Because with the removal of stamina, there's little reason not to sprint constantly. So, using the "toggle sprint" option would make sense, wouldn't it? Except it toggles itself off again every time you slide or even bullet jump. This makes no sense, disrupts the flow of gameplay and should've been fixed a long time ago.

Edited by Defendor

It's worth noting, though, that you don't have to be sprinting to slide anymore.

I actually find this to be really awkward since the speed increase is the same as when sprinting. Coupled with the FOV increase while moving fast, it makes for a real mess for running and gunning.

Edited by Vougue

I actually find this to be really awkward since the speed increase is the same as when sprinting. Coupled with the FOV increase while moving fast, it makes for a real mess for running and gunning.

That's interesting. I haven't noticed an FOV increase during sprinting or sliding - possibly because I play with max FOV.

That's interesting. I haven't noticed an FOV increase during sprinting or sliding - possibly because I play with max FOV.

I play with Max FOV too actually. it seems like the camera just lags behind when moving fast, but i tested it by moving fast against a wall, and noticed it zoomed out anyway. So I know the FOV increases slightly. I also noticed the FOV increases when on ziplines.

Wish I could disable it, Makes aiming while moving around really annoying for me.

I don't mind really high FOV, it's just the constant fluxuation when trying to shoot enemies/time walljumps that is awkward.

You stop sprinting when you press the crouch button. Then you have to press the sprint button again if you want to restart sprinting. This has always been annoying, but now that Parkour 2.0 is here, it got extra bad. Why? Because with the removal of stamina, there's little reason not to sprint constantly. So, using the "toggle sprint" option would make sense, wouldn't it? Except it toggles itself off again every time you slide or even bullet jump. This makes no sense, disrupts the flow of gameplay and should've been fixed a long time ago.

I really REALLY hope that DE fixes this. I'm gonna start a thread in the bug section because I think this is really not what toggle sprint shoud do. It doesn't toggle sprint = bug.

I agree that 'Toggle Sprint' should now be 'Always Sprint', like Titanfall.

It's worth noting, though, that you don't have to be sprinting to slide anymore.

This is how it should be.

Toggle sprint does exactly as it says it does until the sprinting action is cancelled. Exactly like Toggle crouch, or possible Toggle zoom in that one FPS game everyone plays. You push the button and the action happens, and stays happening until something cancels that. wether it be jumping, sliding, falling, landing or anything else of that sort.

The problem with "Always sprint" is that it would then have to turn your current sprint key into a walk key to allow you to just crouch. (Although currently that would be useless as you no longer have to be sprinting to slide a slow walk works just fine)