The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Velocity Increase

stoybot

Yup, another thread about Parkour 2.0. Before I make my point, let me preface this by saying that I absolutely loved the old system. I like going fast, I like being mobile, and you couldn't pry my Ceramic Dagger and Tipedo - for tilesets with a lot of vertical movement - from my cold, dead hands.

After playing around with Parkour 2.0, I have to say I fell in love with it. I wanted to farm Nullifiers and Sniper Crewmen, so I went to Europa survival with my Hydroid - my God was it fun, especially since I had to solo it (not a very popular node apparently). Since Hydro is somewhat squishy, past 15 minutes you really have to watch out. In the past I'd dash around to avoid enemy fire and relocate, but now I could do the same, and return fire while doing it. Also, since the vertical maneuvarability is so much better, it felt like I had a lot more freedom compared to dashing around horizontally to avoid the floatiness of air melee.

Speaking of floatiness... this is my only gripe with Parkour 2.0 - Bullet Jump's velocity. It doesn't feel "bullet-y" at all. I tested it with Loki and a maxed Mobilize and it was still very underwhelming. I get that you can build up momentum, but truth of the matter is, none of the tilesets are big - and obstacle free - enough to accomplish that realistically. I did a normal raid earlier and got somewhat bored by the travel time during the first part.

Furthermore, given how underwhelming the effect of the mobility mods is, I don't think the amount of work they require is worth it at all. You equip Rush on Loki and the results - in terms of sprint speed - are immediately clear. You equip Mobilize and the effect is barely noticeable.

By increasing bullet jump's velocity, you won't be sacrificing movement control either. Double jump + aim glide already provide a similar functionality and precision of movement.

On a side note, carpal tunnel won't be gone until Toggle Sprint option makes sprinting permanent and you only walk when holding down Shift. Right now it resets constantly with all the bullet jumping and is absolutely worthless.

After experimenting fully with parkour 2.0, I already found a way to generate the fastest possible velocity that is semi close to coptering. Seems like a bug just like coptering, not sure what their intentions were.

Also, it's not bullet jump, it's something that you'll have to mess with to find out.

Edited by ivlr3vil

Yeah, the resets need to go, but I don't want a game where we can go that damn fast again. I mean, I'm pretty sure we can with a bit of finagling and wall-latching, which actually looks baller, I just don't think it should be so easily accessible.

After all, the level art guys deserve to get paid, right? If we go that fast we don't even need tilesets that look cool, which is a shame.

Yeah, the resets need to go, but I don't want a game where we can go that damn fast again. I mean, I'm pretty sure we can with a bit of finagling and wall-latching, which actually looks baller, I just don't think it should be so easily accessible.

After all, the level art guys deserve to get paid, right? If we go that fast we don't even need tilesets that look cool, which is a shame.

I'd be the first to admit that being able to reach the raid Injector, startng from the door, with just 3-4 swings of the Ceramic Dagger is quite broken. I agree, we don't need that kind of speed. Realistically, I'm asking for a 30 to 40 percent default velocity increase for bullet jumps. Also, it would be cool if the velocity was based off of the frame's current movement speed. A max strength Volt is actually slower when bullet jumping, which seems a bit ridiculous to me.